HONDA CRF 450 FOR SALE

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
A french guy, named Christophe, is selling this bike. Due to lingual problems I'm helping him here. It's a 2004 Model in mint condition.
Unfortunately there are no picutes of the bike, but it can be ridden any time. Only Invoice!
Price: 170,000,--THB

English and German: 0869196874
French: 0870230546

Please note, no replies before next year! Happy New Year!

Jun 10, 2006
At this price, Christophe's CRF450 is a bargain. I know the bike well, have ridden it myself for a full day when we exchanged bikes during a 3-day offroad loop CNX-MHS-Pai-Wat Chan-CNX less than two months ago.

Although this CRF450 started its life as a motocross bike at the Honda factory, it has been transformed into an enduro bike. The mx gear box has been replaced with an enduro gear box (5-speed), which has different ratios, making it more suitable for trail riding. In addition, the stock mx gas tank, which is small, has been replaced with a much larger enduro gas tank, extending its range considerably. As far as the suspension is concerned, you will not believe how well this bike performs. Before getting on the bike, I expected to find a typical harsh mx-type of suspension set-up. But I was nicely surprised that the suspension offered a very progressive absorption rate, it is really very well set up. The most surprsing thing about the suspension is that, although it's plush enough for trail riding, it stiffens up progressively toward the end of the suspension travel, so that it still allows you to make big jumps on the mx track without bottoming out.

I can't hide it, I absolutely loved the bike. At the end of that day's ride, I really wanted to buy it. And Christophe was equally charmed by my KTM 450 EXC. If it wasn't for the fact that he already owns two KTM's and a KLX 650 and KLX250, and that he needs the money for another project, he would have wanted to swap bikes (if I had been game, that is, which I wasn't). I've got too many bikes already, otherwise I would have bought it for sure. My bike collection has grown to the point that I've run out of excuses needed to convince my wife that I really need another toy...

So for those of you in search of a capable trail bike, this CRF offers more fun than what ought to be legally permissible...

Always welcome to email me if you are interested in the CRF, I'm happy to assist with translating (English/French) as Christophe only speaks French and Thai.

Kev_O

Oct 28, 2006
Hi,
Any chance of posting some pictures, also, where is the bike located?
Thanks
Kev

Dec 4, 2005
Did the original gearbox/engine explode? seems like a big expense to change the gearbox instead of just the sprockets.

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
HI EVERYBODY,
I'M REALLY SORRY TO TELL YOU THAT THE BIKE'S BEEN SOLD. ALSO I WANT TO APPOLOGIZE NOT REPLYING TO YOUR MAILS.

CHEERS RUDI