How about a gallery for "readers rides"?

Oct 7, 2006
pikey..peace of piss mate.....i have been trying all wek to do this..why didnt i do this in the 1st place......cheers...have to go for ride now ..got the didgy in the pocket,,,trip report coming up...with pix....

Jul 6, 2004
Hi Guys, This is first time for me as well putting photos in.
40881615-S.jpg

this is the map of my ride back to Australia thru Indo, bugger putting the bike on a plane, bikes are meant to ride!

Jul 6, 2004
some more photos of the Indo leg
40341268-S.jpg

THE POTATO BOAT ACROSS THE STRAITS OF MALACCA
40764648-S.jpg

IN THE SUMATRA JUNGLE - MUD SLIDE
40764646-S.jpg

30K OF MUD - 6 HOURS - 38 DEGREES C
40764641-S.jpg

THE SUMATRA COAST IS SPECTACULAR

Oct 7, 2006
HERES A BIT OF A STORY....WOOPS...didnt mean to shout..its a bit long..so go and get a couple of coldies..sit down and have i laugh...i did..we have all heard the saying true.when do u get to old to stop competing,,after reading this..i dont think u do.....was down down the other day and noticed a large crowd gathering in the carpark..went over to have a look..there was a race track marked out in the carpark with plastic chairs..oh goodie..i love any type of racing,, and nothing to do...decided to stay and have a look..hmm wonder what they are racing..must b go-karts..went for a bit of a look...no didnt see any cars..or trailers with the usual racing stickers plastered all over them...just heaps of old folk..with ther moblity scooters parked everwhere,,the ist race had started ...could here a the crowd,roaring and cheering..ran back to the track...couldnt see anything.and couldnt hear the roar of engines,,wot are they racing,,must b pushbikes..these things dont do a lot for me..so i had a bit of a walk around..and went back to the car,,on the way back the second race was underway...could hear the crowd again..i stopped..and thought for a moment.....KEV .u dumb ass..pushbike rides dont attract that many spectators,,and they certainly dont,,roar.. and whistle,,this is only a small town and. that was a bit crowd..wot on earth were they racing..ran back to the track to have a look..just got to the start finish line..as the bikes,,,no..pushbikes..no ..runners ..no ..........as the competitors were coming in..here they come..could hear the roar of the crowd..getting closer and closer.dying to see wot it was..they were riding,,aha the 1st bike was in site..getting closer and closer..trying to make out wot it was...didnt seem to b going very fast,,in fact it was taking ages,,to get here,,,here they come..blody hell..u aint going to believe this..i didnt until i saw it.they were ...........bloddy mobility scooters.u know those things the over 90s use for going shopping...something we are all going to end up riding,,in the not to distant future..next race started..it was a womens event..away they went..at break neck speed..caught the look on the winers face as roared past the post,,,her eyes sparkled....and she looked 50 yrs younger...this seemed to b a very well planned event..they even had an offical starter,,,she was an old ducky...sitting in a wheel chair..ok line up time for the next..race..this was a mans race..back to the offical starter who was asleep..time to fire the gun..the lady sitting next to her..gave her a prod with a walking stick..she woke up..banged the shit out of a cake tin with her shoe.and then went back to sleep..and they are off..roaring away from the start line..reaching maximin speeds in seconds.could see the whites of there knuckels..as they hung on ....they where funny...old men heads down on the bars,,,,ears back,,like racing norwegion sardines.doing speeds that would frighten the shit out of u.......and how fast were they going...at this bone shattering ..speed............... 8 kph,,,, no i didnt leave a couple of 00s out..8ks...the winer came in..with a big cheesy grin on his face..these guys were enjoying every minute of it,,,went for a walk between races..there was a stall .went over to have a look.it had a big sign on it..it readon the bottom in smaller writng went back to observe more races...away again....give offical starter a prod..and its all on..one old fella had a portable tape deck on the back of his bike..it had a tape of a roaring harley on it,,evertime he he raced he turned the sound up..sounded realy impressive..hear the sound and an object going past at 8ks,,,the old folks pinched the plastic chairs,from a local KFC outlet...dont worry one old lady said to me..we wil put them back..sure they did.unfotunatlly..and old bloke put his scooter on its side,,on a hairpin..he was quite hurt..beig old i think his bones were a bit fragile,an ambulance turned up..with that the police turned up,,,,they packed them all off home..i hope they learned from there experiance..about the old fella falling off..dont think so...as they were packing up..i overheard a conversation,between to old ladys,,,,AGNUS.this lady shrieked.and again...AGNUS.. agnus must of been deaf as a post..it was clearly audioble at 50 paces,,AGNUS..the police have told us to go..so we have to go go home... never mind,,,next week we can can do this again..we will find somewhere ,,,were the police wont catch us,,come round to my place for a cup of tea and a scone..we will plan it now... there were a couple of police officers standind not to far away..they had a bit of a chuckle to themselves ..off they went at 8ks.thinking about it now,it has restored my thinking about getting old..i only hope iam like that when i get to there age.it was a very enjoyable afternoon..very humerous.acutally..did any of u gt riders sneak over here for a bit of home away fom home fun,,,,thought i saw a few familar faces,,,hmmmm...was trying to attach some pics last night....in the post i was doing,,,f..cked it up completly,,,now with a help of the riders,,i have done it,if anyone gets a pic of a dog please delete it...shit hope i didnt send it to david .CHOOKE DEE..riders..regards

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Tom
Truly great photos from a really adventurous trip.
But what about a trip report - this desrves its own thread and
accompanying story.
Rhodie

Oct 7, 2006
another story..dont know if iam putting this in the right forum or not,,perhaps we should have a forum for stories.this about a man i met.over 40 yrs ago..i call him the TEACHER..met this bloke when i was about 22 yrs old.he worked on a farm as maitenace fitter..big bastard he was..over 6ft,i had just started riding..on a yam 100.trail bike,,he had an old yamaha 360..2 stroke..went like shit..thats al l it did...it had no brakes ...and no suspesion..we done a lot of riding together..and myself being a novice,learned so much from him..we progrested into better bikes..he had a honda xl 175..and i was riding a yamaha 175..as we road together ..for many hours,,i just couldnt beleive how fast this guy could go...he was allways in front,,no matter how hard i tried,i couldnt get near him..this man could ride,,we did a lot of trail bike riding around the.coast of NZ,,all tight bush stuff...sometimes we would get,,into pine forests..good fast riding.this man was allways full of tips..about riding..when we stopped for a smoke.he allways blurted out a bit of usefull imfomation..after about 10 yrs of off road riding.we became quite skilled.but the teacher was allways out in front.we won many enduros to-gether...just couldnt belevie how fast this big **** could go.once he bought a RM400..a sure delight to ride,light, good legs and.power to burn..he tore the motor out and put a tricked up honda 350.in it.went like shit..he carried on doing enduros.and won quite a few,,got a lot of wright ups in magazines.back to our riding..i lived in a place called taupo..its a small town.but rite in the middle of a forestry..park.did a run once.about 8 bikes.i had riden the track b4,,and new it well..about half way along there was a big drop off....ok if u are going slow.can ride down it,,,off we go the TEACHER 2 inches off my back wheel .going like shit we road straight off the dropoff doing about 80ks.its a funny feeling..on the ground one minute..and in the sky.at another..scarred the daylights out of me......i just landed an the teacher flew past my ear,,shouting we kept riding it was an enjoyable day..more about the teacher,,,,this man was an absosute.riding phenonomen.i have never seen someone go so fast,,,evertime we went for a ride he was allawys out in front,wasnt just me..we road with a few riders..and he was allways the in the lead.done a enduro out of a place called tokaroa..pine forest.all good stuff..fast..right up our alley..the ride was called kellys 100..done this trip last year..had a bad accident..at the scuitneering the marshals noticed i had a blown head gasket,went back to the van and tightened the head down...off i went,,was about 5 mins,behind the the pak..going like crazy .to catch up ,,there was a back up crew just ahead of me,,2 guys on a honda 350..there was a guy broken down on the side of the track..kickin his bike over,i turned my head to see if he was ok....and what happened slambed straight into the the back up crew,,well that was the end of that ride,,only been riding 3 minutes .and DNF.me and the teacher rode an enduro once,,once again we got off to a good start..the teacher was soon out in front..i was close up his ass,it was a good track ,,more pine forests//good and fast...well i followed his every move..watchted him like a hawk..every line he went on i followed,,,this man could ride,,we one the enduro again,,the teacher 1st and me 2nd,,,,i dont really think i would of done that well .if i wasnt following him.just another thing,,,there were a lot of spectators.at certain sections,isnt it funny..when there are spectators..your bike picks up about 50hp..the teacher was out in front as usual,,he saw the crowd on the side of the track..slowed down to let me catch up..we were both riding honda 250s,,,both of us .pulled a massive wheelie.. must of looked quite spectacular to the crowd...almost 2oo mtrs on the back wheel..another thing that interested me//was the harmising efect ..sorry havent spelt that right..harmonics..its all to do with sound..becuse we were riding simalar bikes.doing about the same speed the 2 bikes had a sound .which was very strange,,its a funny sound..it sort of came and went,,must of been the diferent revs we were doing....wonder if the crowd heard it,,,more about the taecher..i have never seen a guy ride this fast.ow i am buggered will finish this story of in the morning,its 3am..ok back again glass of orange juice and a couple of bits of toast..now the missus is yapping in my ear,,,the post has taken me about 3 hrs already..dont know how david does it.all takes a lot of time...where was i.oh yea the teacher..we done a ride in a place called woohill state forest.just the 2 of us..its a vey large area.which backs onto the beach,good tracton in the sand.we had been riding together for about 30 yrs at this stage.got to know each others skills.we road through the pine for about 60 ks..then it opened up right in front of us was a massive sand dune.big bastard..about 150 mtrs high.he looked at me..without saying a word we both powered into it,,,going quite fast when we hit it.up on an angle..it was just to steep to hit it straight..well i must of hit the dune at top speed..the sudden change of angle ,just about drove my kidneys out through my ankles..and my liver felt like it was bouncing up and down on the seat..we made it to the top only just,riding in sand it fun...not like mud...in the sand u get 100% tracton.lean the bike over.and pore the power on..without fear of the back wheel sliding out on u..in a straight line.dump the clutch..and crab a handfull..big roaster tail out the back..looks good.down the drop off..this is fun..bit like snow boarding..a few yrs later i drove down the drop off in a 4wd,,,that was freaky.as u go over the top.all u see.is the bonet and blue sky..inch it over ,,then down..once going down its a peice of cake,,in low range..just sort of walks down..the 4wds didnt have a shit show.at getting up.a few mts and they just slid side ways..spoke to a racing driver a few months later,,talking about the dropoff..yeah he said know that place well.on at night rally one night.in a dune buggy..drove sraight of it .a full speed..one minute i was on the ground..nex thing i was out flying in the dark...took ages to hit the ground..it was the most frightening thing of my carrer as a racing driver,,done a ride with the teacher in a tight bush country..all good stuff.lots of rivers,,and tight tracks,,i was going to beat this **** even if i had to take both wheels of his bike..same as usuall him in front and me bhind..we werent far from home..we were stopted having a smoke and a chat...i hid his helmet...come on mate lets go..with that i jumped on my bike and roared off..i was finally out in front,,,,haha,,nearly home....had a river crossing to do ..it was a wide river..with big boulders.on the bottom.i was picking my way through it when i heard the teacher bhind me,,,he must off doing 20,000 rpm..doesnt like to b beaten this bloke..i sniggered my to self..time he slows down for the river i would b home,,,already had my victory speach..to rub salt in the wounds..was about half wa y accross the river ..and the teacher passed me on his back wheel..giving a blast on the horn as he road by.i couldnt believe it..when we got home there he was ..lying on his bike supping a can of coke..kev he said..going to have to pick your pace up.if you want to ride enduros..i was worn out,last ride we done together was only a few years ago..he was nearly 65 and was 53..his body was covered in scars. from bike accidents,and he had had real bad knee injury,,i watched him limp over to his bike..saw his face grimace as he kicked into life,,we had a good days riding..and u know i still cant get near the old ****..this guy was just one out of the box,,,,he is coming to thailand next year,,to do a bit of riding,,if u see a big ****,,with hands as big as footballs...walks with a limp...and he asks anyone up for a ride..be prepared to come second..this is the best bloke i seen at off road riding..finished ...thank fu....k..going to have a beer.

Jul 6, 2004
Hi Rhodie and Pico- Pico,
If you want to read my road reports of my trip thru S.E. Asia in 2004-05 I have a blog on www.horizonsunlimited.com under travelers tales Tom Forde.
Also if you look on the gt-rider board under others I have done some riders reports on Indo and Aussy.
These are just sections out of the comprehensive HU site.

Cheers
Tom

Oct 7, 2006
hasnt been a lot of posts in here lately...its cold and raining..cant go outside...why arent the riders sitting at there computers,,typing interesting tit bits,,,kev u dumb mutha,,,NZ is 6 hrs ahead of thailand,, everyone is still asleep ,, and its probablly not cold and raining.ho hum wot to do...lets go for a scoot round the site,,,,interesting..lots of good pics and stories..for the 1st time in the members list...shite...nearlly 2000..members,,,there seems to be about 20 or 30 of us posting reports and pics,,,wot about the other...1950 people..lots of members have been here for a long time and havent posted one report.....i realise a lot are thai and there english and typing isnt to flash.david put a coment in here a couple of days ago true,, cetaintly hope
this doesnt happen..dont think it will.. thers to many of us old farts in here,, willing to bump our gums at the drop of a hat,,iam just having a bit of a dig at the non posters,,,come on, stick afew posts in here,,,if your english isnt to good or your typing isnt to flash...lets try and see a bit of an efort..no body is going to critasise u over a simple spelling mistake.. that doesnt sound quite right...still trying to post some pics..had a practice..copy and paste,,,writing an e-mail..went and got a pic,,dumped it on the page right where i wanted it,,ha ..finally got it..on the bike camera in my hand...taking pics of scenery and roads,came back wrote a quick stoty,,went and got a pic,hang on i cant paste it...the paste icon thing isnt highlighted...oh well back to the drawing board,,

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Kev, me, Silverhawk & B&T just came back from a 3 dy offroader which you can read about in a day or so when we get it together.

Read your stories above and yep, bloody interesting and God help us if "the Teacher" comes over and asks us out for a ride, as speaking for myself, I am an incompetent nobber in the dirt but like a laugh [:D]

A couple of tips for you mate - reading your posts sounds like you are talking about a million miles an hour whilst stoked up on NOS and are hard to follow! Maybe you talk like that (God help us again if/when you visit [;)]!) but try throwing in a few full stops and paragraph breaks to make it a bit easier on us readers eh?

Keep riding (and writing). BTW, your name and Fred Gassit's were mentioned in the same sentence amongst friends today - are you one and the same???

Lastly, try staying off the sauce and you MIGHT get the hang of posting pics (but use the preview reply button and no dog pics OK!!!)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Oct 7, 2006
fred gasskit.... dont him from adam mate..about the ya-ba..dont touch the stuff..silly enough with out it,,posted a couple of stories in here..wasnt sure if i was doing the right thing...........try to put a bit of humour in the room.. u are the 1st one to coment.....thanks for the tips..will try and slow.down..just got an e-mail from the teacher..he wants to go for another ride..off road of course....iam going to get the basterd this time..getting into training...still persivering with the pics,,cheers

Oct 7, 2006
lets c if this works...
stock0002.jpg
...ok cant c anything........just a link to a pic...but someone told me thats how it should be......lets post it and c wot happens.....its a scenery pic

Oct 7, 2006
ha ha finally done it...ok report and pics coming up.....thanks with the help from the 3 wise men.........on the bike with the camera..lets go....bugga...have to wait until it stops snowing........

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Kev-

Knew you could do it [;)].

However, I think David wants to stay on the topic of riding in Asia and the counries listed in the Forum headings for this board.

Horizonsunlimited.com is a great place for world travels that you may want to check out.

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
I gather NZ is God's own biking country and want to get down to ride the south island sometime before the next century.
But have we created the Kiwi triangle within the GT region?

Oct 17, 2006
This is right, it is an S.E.Asian forum, but KEV for sure can tell us of an equally lively forum for NZ.?????
Must take my sidecar there soon.
Pico

Oct 7, 2006
come on over guys, i will show u around..no all the best riding spots off road and on,if u are going down the south island bring some warm clothes. or go in the summer.in the winter.it gets in the minus..spectatular scenery,going through some old photos the other day and found these..this is a pic of me.showng off at the beach this was when i was young and silly..now iam old and silly.
8ea3161a27ea3b7d6567.jpg
..stick a paragraph in there kev,,rember wot pikey said,that man will make an author out of me yet,having trouble loading pics, lets go back and have a read..back soon

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friend,

I saw this bike during last summer around Motor Zone as well as around Ducatisti Soi Thonglor...Isn't it ?

If you know Cyrill the French guy from Motor Zone, please ask him if he could contact me back,

Thanks in advance.

Fiddy

Aug 30, 2006
No sorry, the lil bike is actually an 1988 Honda ZB50, pic. taken back home in Canada, Here's my bike in Taiwan, the bike honda styled it after. cheers
ducbridge.jpg