How about a gallery for "readers rides"?

Feb 24, 2006
Just a humble slow old Steed.

100_0875s.jpg

Hi Pikey, I realise you meant bikes you ride in Thailand but this is the bike I ride here and WISH I could ride in Thailand. Ever see any over there? XR650R, a cracking bike for the roads and trails of Northern Thailand I should think.
brp.jpg

Pict0098.jpg

Oct 4, 2006
Never owned a bike before I bought this 6 months ago...

KBRIMay0605.jpg

In Bangkok - been up to Mae Hong Son and places like 3 Pagodas, Khao Yai, Korat.

Still learning, but great fun when you get out of Bangkok.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Hi Robin,

Met you on an offroad trail with VTRman and others right?

Apparently, there are a couple of XR650s here but have not seen them. Your tweaked XR (love the "high-viz" number plate!) would be spot on for the right rider over here - unfortunately, being an "offroad f*ckwit" I am NOT that rider, I have enough trouble keeping my XR400 rubber side up in the dirt!

Your XR would be fecking awesome with SM wheels on it for the tight and twisty mountain roads here, plus I expect it's got a pretty decent top-end for the straight bits, something that my XR400 lacks.

Do you have plans to come back? BTW, I'm looking at doing the Soppong-Pai offroad track that you and the guys did with Bill but in reverse - any tips?

Nice TDM John and good on you for getting around so much whilst breaking yourself in to biking [;)] You should get up here again and introduce yourself as there are a few members with the same bike here in Chiang Mai. In the UK I had one of the first generation 850s back in '91 and thought it was an excellent bike.

Cheers to all,

Pikey.

Hi Pikey, yes I hope to come back in November. Tips for the Soppong-Pai trail?....Well, the only tip I can give you is start out fairly early, fuel up well, take plenty of water enjoy the trail...oh and beware of "men with guns" and stay at least one night at Cave Lodge.....Then, if you enjoyed it in reverse, I'd do it again!! As it's a fantastic days trail riding.
http://www.cavelodge.com/

IMG_1741.jpg

Jun 21, 2006
Hi Guys

I found doing the Someong Loop, 2 up on a 100cc Honda Dream a bit of a struggle, as the girlfriend seems to be putting on weight a bit, what about this bike below, has a bit more ooomph than the Dream.

Aways liked the Chevvy V8's engine, but not sure if mounted in a bike is such a good idea.

NOVEMBER04012.jpg

CHEVV8.jpg