How long until post are no longer admin'd?

Jan 26, 2013
I think it's fairly obvious that I'm not a spammer or a trouble maker. Can an admin let me know what I have to do to make posts that just get posted?

thanks,
Eddie

Sep 4, 2007
I see the original post did not get a reply, but I guess was cleared for posting.
The reason that all newly signed on people will have initial posts automatically moderated by the system, which means they are only visible to admins; is that a significant percentage of new sign ups are spam, some totally unintelligible, produced by a computer, and some just nothing to do with this board. Once an admin reads the post, and that would normally be the same day, maybe depending on posters time zone, the next day, if it does appear to be someone interested in motorcycling in SE Asia, then the post is approved and further posts should go ahead as normal.

Feb 17, 2013
johngooding;293669 wrote: I see the original post did not get a reply, but I guess was cleared for posting.
The reason that all newly signed on people will have initial posts automatically moderated by the system, which means they are only visible to admins; is that a significant percentage of new sign ups are spam, some totally unintelligible, produced by a computer, and some just nothing to do with this board. Once an admin reads the post, and that would normally be the same day, maybe depending on posters time zone, the next day, if it does appear to be someone interested in motorcycling in SE Asia, then the post is approved and further posts should go ahead as normal.
I have made three posts so far and all have been stuck for "moderation".

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
NightRider;293671 wrote: I have made three posts so far and all have been stuck for "moderation".
Thats right, new users dont get full forum acccess until we're sure they are not trouble makers or trollers. We've had more than our fair share of shit stirrers.
Your status on GTR has now been upgraded. Enjoy yourself & keep the contributions coming.

Sep 13, 2013
Davidfl;293673 wrote: Thats right, new users dont get full forum acccess until we're sure they are not trouble makers or trollers.
I do understand that you do not want those, but please bear in mind that the policy also means fewer contributing members. I lost interest in writing here as I got tired of posts that looked silly because other posts have answered them or rendered them unneccesary before my posts were visible.

It should be possible to recognize a spammer from the first post alone. And trolls, well it shouldn't be that hard to ban them and delete their posts - surely less work than having to manually check all posts from new members.

I am not writing this just to be upgraded as Nightrider was - although that would be nice - but to tell you why I stopped writing and why others may stop too.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Greatdane;293676 wrote: I do understand that you do not want those, but please bear in mind that the policy also means fewer contributing members. I lost interest in writing here as I got tired of posts that looked silly because other posts have answered them or rendered them unneccesary before my posts were visible.

It should be possible to recognize a spammer from the first post alone. And trolls, well it shouldn't be that hard to ban them and delete their posts - surely less work than having to manually check all posts from new members.

I am not writing this just to be upgraded as Nightrider was - although that would be nice - but to tell you why I stopped writing and why others may stop too.
Greatdane
Your GTR status updated - thanks for reminding me. Apologies if you think your status upgrade was a bit slow - that will be me, not getting enough time. I like most of the guys who help out with admin on GTR prefer to ride our bikes as much a possible & not be locked into forum admin.

BTW, GTR has experienced great trouble with malicious people on the forum
https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/36517-GT-Rider-impersonators

and
If you take the time to read this thread for new users
https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/25861-WELCOME-Important-Read-this-first!

you will see on December 2010

Please add some details to your profile.

We get hundreds of registrations every week - MOST are from spammers.
- if you use a weird user name
- if you use a dodgy email address
- if you don't fill in ANY user information

WE may think you are just another spammer..
and February 2013

New members will find that their posts maybe moderated at first, plus the PM function does not work.
This has been set up because of a spate of spammers, hackers, trolls & serial trouble makers gaining easy access to the forum & endeavouring to making a nuisance of themselves.
Once you have established your credentials & we can see you're not a serial trouble maker, but genuine contributor, you will gain full access to the forum
I trust this helps explain things a little better.
If you still want to contribute to GTR you are welcome to do so.
I'd be interested in reading about your riding & touring experiences on the Honda Click.

Sep 13, 2013
Davidfl;293677 wrote:
BTW, GTR has experienced great trouble with malicious people on the forum
I didn't know you have had so big problems. And I must admit, I am not making it easier with my username, mail address and profile. I want to be anonymous, no reason to tell people at home that I am away from home. I do use the same username at Asia Info: http://asia-info.co

Davidfl;293677 wrote:
I trust this helps explain things a little better.
It sure does.

Davidfl;293677 wrote:
If you still want to contribute to GTR you are welcome to do so.
I'd be interested in reading about your riding & touring experiences on the Honda Click.
I have never tried a bigger bike, but I do not think riding the Click is bad. I drive the same speed as the cars, actually a little faster than most cars, but I do get a tired bum after 5½ hours drive like today ...

I have reached Udon Thani after a detour to Sisaket to see the temple build of empty bottles (I started in Bangkok), and I managed to avoid at least some of the pot holes on the way here. If I get time, I may try to write a tour report, but not on this computer. I need a bigger screen an a real keyboard.

Nov 27, 2013
I'm not a spammer either or trouble maker and my posts are not going up either, wanting to become part of this forum ..

Dec 10, 2013
Any chance i could get off the spam list so my posts will get read. I did buy your maps before i got here. Guess i should have registered then...didnt know it was going to take some time to be able to communicate on here. Thanks, scott

bazz

Mar 7, 2013
Can anyone look at my status?
I was able to post before but now to of my posts are still waiting for a moderator.
I've been downgragded:)

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Scotty999;295120 wrote: Any chance i could get off the spam list so my posts will get read. I did buy your maps before i got here. Guess i should have registered then...didnt know it was going to take some time to be able to communicate on here. Thanks, scott

bazz;295201 wrote: Can anyone look at my status?
I was able to post before but now to of my posts are still waiting for a moderator.
I've been downgragded
Guys
Apologies I've been on the road for a week, so was a bit slow checking.
Bazz I only see requests for help from you, it's ok if you want to share some tips & info as you go. It also helps to confirm that you're a genuine contributor to GTR & see your posts moderated a lot earlier & membership upgraded. Thanks.

May 30, 2012
Hi David

Having read this I now know why I can't get a message through to Franz about buying his Racer suit. Extremely frustrating as this is day 3 since I have tried to make contact with him. I would appreciate some assistance please. I also know you have better things to do than sit in front of a computer. Thanks.

bazz

Mar 7, 2013
Davidfl;295262 wrote: Guys
Bazz I only see requests for help from you, it's ok if you want to share some tips & info as you go. It also helps to confirm that you're a genuine contributor to GTR & see your posts moderated a lot earlier & membership upgraded. Thanks.
That's because when I posted I only had questions and no useful tips or info..new in Asia. But got some tips and info now and will be posting them where I can..
Tx for activating again!
bazz