Hua Hin Bike Week 2008, Review

Discussion in 'Central Western Thailand Road Trip Reports' started by Rustic Charm, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Rustic Charm

Rustic Charm Ol'Timer

I met up with the Blue Dragon MC (non-'outlaw' types!) on Friday night and was treated to a lovely seafood dinner on Cha-Am beach. Nice bunch. And very fast riders. In Traffic. At night. Thankfully, I had just broken in the 848's engine and could up the revs. Those R1's do motor though.

On Saturday, the fun ride was to a local temple. I think the worshippers were rather startled to see a police car and two police bikes turn up with a bunch of very noisy bikers in tow. Though they soon warmed up and brought out the cameras.

A very nice ride almost spoiled by the antics of a few western 'squids' on big bikes but wearing t-shirts and sandals. They'd overtake by speeding down the outside of the column of riders and then cut in and slow right down.  :evil:

I photoshopped 3 images together for this little panorama.

A lot of 'colors' on show which brings me to a bit of a rant. What is it with middle-aged, western, wannabee bad-ass 'outlaws' in leather vests and cut-off t-shirts?

The Thais do it as mostly a hobby and fashion thing. Yeah, they'll even have a few tattoos. But they don't really have the 40 year-old-juvenile attitude.

While Bang Saen had a good mixture of bikes and riders, Hua Hin was bit like Burupa/Pattaya. Too many leather-vest types. Not enough sport bikes or even scooters.

I parked with the Blue Dragon guys' bikes and was surprised to see the only other 848 in Thailand there.

More to come...
  2. Loading...

3. Rustic Charm

Rustic Charm Ol'Timer

75 views, no replies. :?
    I think I'll post the other pics on ThaiVisa.