I am bored is there anything intersting to do?

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
MM,

Yesterday vegging out watching a program about Charles Darwin.
Apparently he got married, ie. settled down, and moved to the country. Missing his adventures and confronted with normal life, his character changed. Rather than the social party goer of old he became sullen and reclusive. As a result he started digging out all the stuff he had collected in the Galapagos Islands.

So a) it obviously isn't only happening to you and b)in the end it resulted in the "Origin of Species" which changed the way the world thinks. So there is hope for you yet[:D]

Oct 17, 2006
JERRY, I invite you plus whoever you want to Phuket, a nice guest room is yours. Timing is flexible.
Meals, drinks, talks and laughters included.

yours Pico

Oct 17, 2006
Pico thats nice offer , I lived in Phuket from 1993 - 1997, have not been there since 2003. Maybe next year once I get my new career under way i will run down there agin on the Ducati.
I hope to go to Chiang Mai bike week again this year as last year was excellent. Usually I am in UK visiting my folks and getting my wife he 6 monthly cancer treatments when Phuket bike week is on in March/ April,thats also why i cant go to the Moto GP in October in Malaysia as soon as my training course is finished I have to take my wife to UK for medical treatment and its good to see mum and dad and ride the Monster 750 in YUK

cheers jerry

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Is any of this a help:

SUMMARY OF LIFE

GREAT TRUTHS THAT ADULTS HAVE LEARNED:
1) Raising teenagers is like nailing jelly to a tree.
2) Wrinkles don't hurt.
3) Families are like fudge...mostly sweet, with a few nuts.
4) Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
5) Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
6) Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy.

GREAT TRUTHS ABOUT GROWING OLD
1) Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
2) Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
3) When you fall down, you wonder what else you can do while you're down there.
4) You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.
5) It's frustrating when you know all the answers but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.
6) Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.
7) Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.

THE FOUR STAGES OF LIFE:
1) You believe in Santa Claus.
2) You don't believe in Santa Claus.
3) You are Santa Claus.
4) You look like Santa Claus.

SUCCESS:
At age 4 success is . . . not piddling in your pants.
At age 12 success is . . . having friends.
At age 17 success is . ... having a drivers license.
At age 35 success is ... having money.
At age 50 success is . . . having money.
At age 70 success is . . . having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is . . . having friends.
At age 80 success is . . . not piddling in your pants.

Oct 17, 2006
I begin to grasp the magnitude of you dilemma, Jerry, your own past medical situation, the medical situation of your wife. Plus all the other uncertainties, job, money. It´s all a bit much, why me, why me ??

I think it is very very brave to speek out in public. You did step 1 in fighting back.
Not that anyone of us has the right prescription but I hope talking took some of the chest pain.

Pico

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
In some ways I am starting to grasp this.

My parents retired to near Oxford UK. There one can drive for 30mins, walk for 30 mins, sit on a hillside, on the grass, surveying the valley below, open a bottle of wine, listen to the birds while basking in the sun and think if only for a moment that life is Good.

In Bangkok [?][?]

Jul 26, 2007
quote:

Originally posted by monsterman

yep I have been back in Thailand only 2 weeks .Got my bike fixed and running although I need a Powercommander !! and iam bored stiff, its all so predictable , in UK there was aleays something different going on .any ideas, I am bored with Golf,bars ,TV, books girls ,temples, beaches sports and now even riding my bike .

Cant wait to go back to work honestly
jerry

Dec 5, 2006
quote:

Originally posted by Davidfl

Is any of this a help:

SUMMARY OF LIFE

GREAT TRUTHS THAT ADULTS HAVE LEARNED:
1) Raising teenagers is like nailing jelly to a tree.
2) Wrinkles don't hurt.
3) Families are like fudge...mostly sweet, with a few nuts.
4) Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
5) Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
6) Middle age is when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy.

GREAT TRUTHS ABOUT GROWING OLD
1) Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.
2) Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
3) When you fall down, you wonder what else you can do while you're down there.
4) You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.
5) It's frustrating when you know all the answers but nobody bothers to ask you the questions.
6) Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.
7) Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.

THE FOUR STAGES OF LIFE:
1) You believe in Santa Claus.
2) You don't believe in Santa Claus.
3) You are Santa Claus.
4) You look like Santa Claus.

SUCCESS:
At age 4 success is . . . not piddling in your pants.
At age 12 success is . . . having friends.
At age 17 success is . ... having a drivers license.
At age 35 success is ... having money.
At age 50 success is . . . having money.
At age 70 success is . . . having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is . . . having friends.
At age 80 success is . . . not piddling in your pants.

very good..was up in chang mai.couple of weeks ago..went down the kafe..think u were away.down in hua hin...looking to stay in thailand..trying to get a bit of riding in...not much happening here...Regards KEV

Dec 5, 2006
can anyone recomend a shop in hua hin where i can rent a reasonable bike.iam staying with a group of thais.and having trouble getting through to them that i whant to rent a bike.to-day finaly a thai guy took me out..go to bike rental shop..we ended up on a 4wd of road track..was interesting.very nice machines.some compition.could only watch.a guy down the pier has a chopper style bike..but its only a 175.would like a 400 at least.have seen a few cbr1000.around.so must be here somewhere...need a fresh fix..KEV

Oct 17, 2006
Hellooo Jerry, how did your training week go ?
What influence did it have on you, re-vitalized ??

Give us some news,

Pico

Oct 17, 2006
Hi Pico, yes training week was good although Phillipines is not as good as thailand for many things , the people at the training centre were very proffesional . But food is crap in PH and many things cost 50% more than Thailand also guns are everywhere the infrastructure is poor the girls are not so pretty as Thais but they all speak good English. I go back again on Sept 2nd for 3 weeks more training.
I rode my bike yesterday Power Commander arrives next week. All I need now is more cash.

jerry