Immigration closest to Chiang Mai?

Apr 27, 2010
Hi folks,

I'm looking to extend my (tourist) visa and been to the cnx office three days in a row now but it's just to crowded.

Today I was there before opening hours but same thing, waited for about an hour then checked the situation again, the guy in front of me was still standing in the same spot, still in the line to get a que-number!?!

Where would the office be closest to cnx that can extend a tr-visa?
I know it's possible in Mae Sariang but if there is an option closer i'd rather chose that. Any suggestion is much appreciated!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
There's immigration offices in
Fang
Mae Sai
Chiang Saen
Chiang Khong
Nan
Mae Hong Son
plus I think one in Chiang Dao, but I dont think that one does visa extensions.

Mar 11, 2008
Go at 2:30 or so in the afternoon and your usually in and out..

Or go at 7am and get your name onto the informal list by the door, if theres no list start one.

Apr 27, 2010
I was there the day before yesterday at around 2-2.30 but it was just packed, both in the building and outside. Could hardly find a spot to park.

I think i'll try Fang...

Apr 27, 2010
Ok, so i've just arrived in Fang, found the immigration office and was having a feeling of being really efficient, until I found out that they don't do extensions :cool:

Mae Sai is closest, I think I call first...

I had a really nice ride though....:)

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
DaRider;277426 wrote: Ok, so i've just arrived in Fang, found the immigration office and was having a feeling of being really efficient, until I found out that they don't do extensions :cool:

Mae Sai is closest, I think I call first...

I had a really nice ride though....:)
Oh well at least it is on the way.

Oct 20, 2003
For others interested in this...

I just did my Tourist Visa extension yesterday at Mae Sai immigration , 1900 Baht for 30 days. All done in about 30 minutes !
Called Chiang Saen and Chiang Khong first and they said in the north its only Chiang Mai and Mae Sai that do extensions...(YMMV !)