Important. Need help to do a Visa run from LAO to Thailand and back.

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by faktorisator, May 26, 2011.

1. faktorisator

faktorisator Member

can i cross into thailand from lao without my thai registered bike to do a visa run???

i would like to overstay the 30days leaving Thailand on my Honda Transalp.

the question is, can i actually go back into Thailand without my bike, just to come straight back to get a new 30 days Visa for Lao.

I am scared to try, because Lao officials might check me out but maybe Thai official's on the other side might not let me back in without my bike. i have no clue how this works and i believe its even harder to find any information on this from any officials. i might try at the thai embassy in Vientiane, but they have never been very helpful, so i doubt they will know or will try to help me. i will be in Vientiane in about 10 days. when it come down to the worst i can always extend my lao visa for another 30 days i just costs double as much.

should i extend my lao bike insurance? i am not sure if i will get into troubles when i will leave the country, when they see i wasn't insured for some time???

and does anyone know about the new thai visas, costs, duration, double entries? would be great. thanks so much in advance
  2. Loading...

3. faktorisator

faktorisator Member

bye the way, i am planning to take the bike into Cambodia after... and return to Thailand after 3 to 4 months altogether.
  4. beddhist

beddhist Ol'Timer

I've entered and left Laos with my bike once with all the paperwork and twice without. When I left they asked me for papers, I didn't understand what they wanted and indicated that I didn't have any papers for the bike, other than my rego, so they just waved me through. If nothing has changed you shouldn't have a problem.

For the visa info head to