Is this right ?????

Jan 3, 2015
In February we are in Chiang Mai 6 person. We rent already 6 motorbikes and get the permit from the owner to ride in Laos too. My friend contact a travel agency in Laos. They wrote a mail its not alowed tor ride with 6 bikes without a guide in Laos. They want a little bit more than 2000 US $ for a guide. We cant believe it.
smileys-thinking-371439.gif
They say when the police catch us we become a lot of trouble. Who know is it right ? We want to go over the bridge in Chiangkong.

Jan 3, 2015
They say when the police catch us we become a lot of trouble. Who know is it right ? What about the police ?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
I don't doubt the Lao tour company would like your money.

If you are worried contact Na in Chiang Khong to arrange paperwork for you exiting Thailand, plus travel in Laos.

Davidfl;298461 wrote: The GTR contact in Chiang Khong for crossing the bridge.

[email protected]

Na can handle your bike crossings on the bridge. Email your details in advance & she will prepare the paperwork on both sides, excluding the Lao visa.

If you are only one bike the fee might not be be as cheap as you would like. But if that's the only way to go.......pay the fee,.....or you ride around to Nan.

I personally don't like this system - corruption - but don't want to upset the officials because we can still use the bridge to enter & depart Laos. The bridge crossings should be free just like the friendship bridge at Nong Khai.
However I think it will remain like this - motorbikes have to pay - for awhile because officials on both sides are making money out of it; mickey mouse may it be.

Power On. sent from Sony Xperia AcroS

Jan 3, 2015
Perfect idea Mr. David, We contact Mrs Na but we need a email adress and a phone number when possible. What is the name of Nan travel agency .