is this the 2012 versys colours?

Discussion in 'Kawasaki Big Bikes Thailand' started by muzza, Aug 26, 2011.

1. muzza

muzza Active Member

could these be the next colours we see on the Versys this year?

Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. Bert on the bike

Bert on the bike Ol'Timer

Sorry but I can not resist to comment to the bottom picture:

They want to look like a BMW 800 GS?

4. Khun custard

Khun custard Member

Saw the yellow one on display out the front of the the Kawa shop in Pattaya yesterday

5. nikster

nikster Ol'Timer

yellow tank = like

6. Khun custard

Khun custard Member

Colour and scheme quite similar to 2002 - 2004 Fazers
    Dab of yellow on the cowling around the exhaust might make it go a bit faster too :)

7. Ian Bungy

Ian Bungy Ol'Timer

I saw the Bike yesterday and I must say it looks much better in the Flesh than the Photo portrays! Very Nice!

8. Cloughy

Cloughy Ol'Timer

Where & which one did you see Ian?
    There's a yellow one around Sansai / Mae Jo area recently, wonder if it's the same one?

9. Ian Bungy

Ian Bungy Ol'Timer

The one I saw was Brand New in the Kawasaki Workshop. I think they were doing the Delivery Check over? I will be in Kawasaki again in the next day or two so if one is still there I will take a Photo!

10. ronwebb

ronwebb Ol'Timer

There were two yellow ones in Kawa CNX yesterday. One banged up waiting for repairs and one for delivery. I really like this colour...

[​IMG]
    Also a non stock blue in the show room but not so sure about that..

[​IMG]
    Sorry about the quality of pix but taken with a phone.

11. KZ

KZ Ol'Timer

Better looks than before!

Finally they blacked out the radiator shrouds - big improvement!

The black one looks perfect, but I'd go for the yellow one if it also had black forks and a black rear swingarm.

A yellow plastic piece from the tank to the headlight would make this bike look longer, sportier, not so tall.

All in all they look better than ever!

12. niko13

niko13 Active Member

Yep, I just bought the Yellow one and it does look like the GS... but actually in 2010 K-V had exactly the same colors...

13. nikster

nikster Ol'Timer

- Black swing arm is an improvement - looks great
    - Black radiator shrouds are a must - this is the reason I went for black in 2010. Silver painted plastic just looks cheap. That is, it looks like silver painted plastic.

IMO a blacked out headlight is all it takes to transform the Versys into a really nice looking bike. I look at it every day and recently discovered - hey - it doesn't look all that bad, actually. In fact, it looks hot. Where the only thing I did is have the silver plastic surrounding the headlight blacked out. And the MRA screen installed, which looks better than stock.

The new colors are both great though I think the yellow could easily do with a black swing arm, too. Very much like the black parts above the footrest, they're on both 2012 bikes.

The yellow also needs a blacked out headlight frame, of course.

Attached files [​IMG]