Just what you need in LOS

Apr 10, 2006
Flame-thrower scooter owner arrested

Colin Furze, a plumber who adapted his scooter to shoot 15ft flames from the rear, has been arrested for an alleged firearms offence.

Published: 8:00AM GMT 27 Mar 2010

Colin-Furze_1605084c.jpg

Colin Furze and his flame-throwing scooter Photo: REX

Mr Furze, 30, displayed his modified his scooter, with an anti-tailgating flame thrower operated by the flick of switch, in the press earlier this week.

But Lincolnshire Police spotted the pictures of Mr Furze allegedly riding his scooter on a public highway – and arrested him on Thursday.

He was held on suspicion of possessing an object converted into a firearm, and was released on unconditional police bail without charge until May 6 pending further police investigation.

Possession of a firearm carries a maximum prison sentence of five to seven years at Crown Court.

Mr Furze, from Stamford, Lincolnshire, declined to comment.

Speaking before his arrest, he said: ''Everybody wants a flame thrower on a motor bike.

''I don't need a flame thrower on the back of my bike, I'm not going to set fire to people's car's, it's just something interesting to do.''

The scooter, which was built before Christmas, was Mr Furze's third attempt at the project after the first did not ignite and the second burst into flames.

A Lincolnshire Police spokesman said: ''A man was arrested on suspicion of possessing an object converted to a firearm on Thursday. He was released on unconditional bail.''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7528253/Flame-thrower-scooter-owner-arrested.html

Jul 9, 2009
That's brilliant. Mount one more to the front and two on each side, forget the switch, just have them on all the time and you could comfortably drive around in safety. :lol: