Kawasaki dealer in Chiang Rai , and what visa needed to buy

Nov 15, 2011
Hello everyone , newbie here , joined today , but have browsing the forum for months. Planning in Dec, to spend a 6 months in Thailand riding the golden triangle are , with side trips to Laos of course .
Anyone know the name or number of the Kawasaki dealer in Chiang Rai ? Was there last week , and they have a KLX 250 ,which is the bike I want to buy . Also,what visa would I need to buy a bike in Thailand ? Have a US passport , and will be coming from Europe in Dec .
Thanks for all the help !!

Jul 28, 2008
You should be fine with any valid visa and a letter confirming your address from immigration in Mae Sai, with that and a copy of your passport they'll be able to register the bike in your name. Don't have contact information for the CR dealer but it is owned by the same people who own the CM one and the email for there is [email protected] Have fun!

Nov 15, 2011
Thanks for the info, leaving Bangkok tomorrow , for Europe for 2 weeks , ( will try and get visa there ), and than Back to the golden Triangle !!
Anyone own or ride a KLX250 ? Thoughts ?

Dec 27, 2007
There's a Kawasaki Big Bike dealer in Chiang Rai? Good to know!

Can anyone post up their location and contact info? Perhaps in the Kawasaki thread?

Cheers!

Tony

Jan 21, 2011
Chiangmai
Sangchai Turakityanyont Co.,Ltd

113 Changlor Road.,Tumbon Haiya,Muang Chiangmai, Chaingmai

Tel : (053) 201 509-10, 270 381-2 Fax : (053) 201 510

Open : Monday - Saturday ( 8.30 - 17.30 )

http://www.kawasakibigbike.com/showroom_north.html

changlormap.gif

Jul 28, 2008
TonyBKK;273204 wrote: There's a Kawasaki Big Bike dealer in Chiang Rai? Good to know!

Can anyone post up their location and contact info? Perhaps in the Kawasaki thread?

Cheers!

Tony
It opened a few months ago, fairly small and was originally told it would only sell/service bikes up to 250cc but I saw a Versys and a Vulcan in there last week and a mechanic from CM comes up every now and then to service bigger bikes. It is on the Super-Highway heading south, go through the lights at the King Mengrai statue and it is just before the big PTT gas station.

Dec 27, 2007
skybluestu;273241 wrote: It opened a few months ago, fairly small and was originally told it would only sell/service bikes up to 250cc but I saw a Versys and a Vulcan in there last week and a mechanic from CM comes up every now and then to service bigger bikes. It is on the Super-Highway heading south, go through the lights at the King Mengrai statue and it is just before the big PTT gas station.
Cool! Thanks for the info Stu! :happy1: