Kawasaki ER-6n released for 225,000,- Baht

Dec 2, 2008
They have no idea why the fan packed up – they said they wills end it off to get it examined – so I will chase up in a month or so as I would like to know what happened- I hope it was not a bad assembly problem.

I was very carful get back up suk that why it took 8hours – ran a few so is then let her cool down and refilled the reservoir – end up parking at Tesco to let her cool right down.

The service took one and a half days as they had to check the engine and pistons on it – but she seems fine,

I have already seen the outlook plug – the single one only puts out 4.9V but I must admit I only checked that and not the 4 block plug.

I hard wired direct to the battery and disconnect it, when it needs a check as you suggested.

On a positive note – Rama 9 said that if breaks down again and they are open- they will come and collect the bike as they did before – does not matter where I am – hopefully it will not happen again

TonyBKK wrote: Cheers On the rock,

That's a bummer about the fan- I understand they fixed it, but did they tell you why it died in the first place? And why'd you run the bike through BKK traffic knowing the fan wasn't working? With only 800km the engine is not yet run in and I'm guessing you'd not yet done the 1000km service. That's terrible abuse on your engine and asking for trouble down the road...

Now- about the warranty- the bike already has an AC outlet plug (take off the seat and you can't miss it- right side near the frame tube), so I'd recommend you wire up the power yourself, or have a private bike shop do it, and then if ever you have any problems that require warranty service you just need to return the bike to stock form before you bring it in.

Same would go for exhaust or other mods. Just make sure everything you do is reversible.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Sean

Sep 14, 2008
Anyone have any word yet on ER6n English manual, sliders, faring, ect.? Time line to shop?

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
Now I am also the proud owner of the first two ER6N, I have ordered one black and one orange. 100 km is done and no problem. Its is impossible to get any discount or even a T-shirt free of charge in the deal. Mityon who has monopoly here on the east coast have very strict rules delivered to the employees. I even tried to buy 20 bikes but the price was unchanged. But the bikes are nice and the price is marvelous.

HIKO

Dec 27, 2007
Sean wrote: ER6n Silders, Chiang Mai Kawasali 5,500 balt
Good lord- that's highway robbery!

I can get you engine sliders like these for 2300 Baht:

0314ER6nSliderLft.jpg

0314ER6nSliderRt.jpg

0314ER6nTailMod.jpg

Rear frame sliders that bolt onto the grab bars retail for 1650 Baht and the wingarm spools/sliders retail for 950 Baht.

Please pardon the terrible quality of the pictures- I took them with my cell phone :wink:

Anyway- anyone interested in engine sliders, frame sliders, bar end sliders and swing arm spools/sliders let me know as I'm trying to score a wholesale deal with the Bangkok manufacturer.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Dec 27, 2007
Cheers Ian,
It was great seeing you in Chiang Mai and I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it out to the X Centre as I wanted to see how big Butch has gotten and chow down on one of your excellent burgers. :mrgreen:
Well- hoping to come up one more time before the rainy season and look forward to catching up with you then.
Happy Trails!
Tony

Nov 7, 2007
That K Speed is smokin' ... awesome paint job... who is doing this mod and how much does it cost?

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi David,

thanks but I would love to visit the shop but i am not as fluent as you are in Thai reading...Any address in Bon Français where to go ?

I catch the phone number, at least but, but, but...

Thanks in advance.

This ER-6N is splendid, with a few money can really enjoy now with such proposal on Thai market, congratulation to the Kawasaki initiative and hope they will replay the success with a reasonable priced off-road bike...

Dec 27, 2007
Salut Azoulay,

Well, I don't think I can manage much "Bon Francais" but I'm quite practived in "mauvais Francais" :wink: but the K Speed shop is at Wutthakat Soi 55. That's across the river and any decent taxi should be able to find it or just plug it into your GPS.

Hope this helps!

Bonne Route,

Tony

Dec 27, 2007
Wow- check out the difference between the huge heavy stock can and my new Two Bros pipe-

ER6nStockVs2Bros.jpg

I haven't weighed them yet but feels like about a 10Kg difference. Can't wait to get it installed and let her rip!

Happy Trails!

Tony

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Tony,

Bye bye Lambda....

Thanks for the address of K Speed Shop, your Français is perfect enough for me to understand the Arabian figures...

About your exhaust where did you source it from ? What about the chicane ? In fact I don't know this brand, down here we are more to Akrapovic, Termignoni, Devil and all that stuff.

Good luke with it I hope it will improve the music...

Dec 27, 2007
Cheers Azoulay,

Two Bros began as an AMA Racing Team more than 20 years ago and has been making racing pipes and other high performance mc accessories in Santa Ana, California for many years. Very cool stuff. You can listen to their pipes on youtube and visit their site here: http://www.twobros.com/index.htm
I had a friend bring my pipe over from the US. Cost me only $300. Same pipe here in Thailand costs 19,900Baht at Red Baron... :shock:

Dec 27, 2007
Hi Guys!

Sorry to keep you waiting - finally got the wholesale price list for the kit I showed off before.

0314ER6nSliderLft.jpg

0314ER6nSliderRt.jpg

0314ER6nTailMod.jpg

0314ER6nBarEnds.jpg

Engine Sliders: 2150 Baht

Rear frame sliders: 1600 Baht

Swingarm spools/sliders: 850 Baht.

Bar End Sliders (might look a little different from the pic above): 850 Baht

Please pardon the terrible quality of the pictures- I took them with my cell phone :wink:

I've ordered 20 of everything. As soon as I pick up the new kit on Friday I'll get to work on taking better pictures.

Anyway- for those of you who have given me your email addresses I'm going to email you the price list and ordering instructions. Anyone else that's interested in engine sliders, frame sliders, bar end sliders and swing arm spools/sliders for their ER6n please send me your email address via PM.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Dec 27, 2007
Hi Guys!

As promised here are some better pictures of the new kit for the ER6n.

Here are the main engine sliders:
ER6nEngnSldrs2.jpg

Very easy to install- took me about 30 minutes and they seem very solid and look great! Right side:
ER6nEngnSldrRt1.jpg

Left side:
ER6nEngnSldrLft4.jpg

Here are the Bar End Sliders:
ER6nBarEndSldr.jpg

They're cool because they shorten your handlebars by about 1cm on each side which is quite handy for negotiating traffic.
ER6nBarEndStkNw1.jpg

And if you do make contact the delrin sliders probably won't scratch like the stock metal bar ends might.

The Swing Arm Sliders / Paddock Stand Spools are simple and neat:
ER6nSwngArmSpls.jpg

ER6nSwngArmSpls1.jpg

Installed:
ER6nSwngArmSpls2.jpg

Attachments

• ER6nEngnSldrLft4.jpg
    ER6nEngnSldrLft4.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 117
  • ER6nEngnSldrRt1.jpg
    ER6nEngnSldrRt1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 120
  • ER6nEngnSldrs2.jpg
    ER6nEngnSldrs2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 113
  • ER6nBarEndStkNw1.jpg
    ER6nBarEndStkNw1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 113
  • ER6nSwngArmSpls2.jpg
    ER6nSwngArmSpls2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 115
  • ER6nSwngArmSpls1.jpg
    ER6nSwngArmSpls1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 120
  • ER6nSwngArmSpls.jpg
    ER6nSwngArmSpls.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 123
  • ER6nBarEndSldr.jpg
    ER6nBarEndSldr.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 116
Dec 27, 2007
Finally- here are the Rear Frame Sliders that bolt on over the grab bars:
ER6nRrFrmSldrs.jpg

ER6nRrFrmSldrs1.jpg

Installed:

ER6nRrFrmSldrs2.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Attachments

• ER6nRrFrmSldrs1.jpg
    ER6nRrFrmSldrs1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 122
  • ER6nRrFrmSldrs2.jpg
    ER6nRrFrmSldrs2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 114
  • ER6nRrFrmSldrs.jpg
    ER6nRrFrmSldrs.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 124
Nov 7, 2007
So.. forgive my cluelessness but "engine sliders" are there to protect the engine in case you drop the bike? Or...?

Dec 27, 2007
nikster wrote: So.. forgive my cluelessness but "engine sliders" are there to protect the engine in case you drop the bike? Or...?
Exactly- Engine protectors / Frame sliders are designed to reduce/minimize damage to bike and rider in the event of a spill.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
So what about the fit of the TwoBrothers muffler? Does it come with a sensor? Probably not since it's for the american version. How does it sound? Way loud at high rpm?
Hope you'll never need those sliders...!

Dec 27, 2007
Man, about all I can say about the new Two Bros pipe is DAMN IT'S LOUD! :shock:

Here's a vid I took right after installing it- it really doesn't capture how loud the pipe is in real life though-

I was expecting some good volume, but honestly, this thing is going to cause problems with the neighbors if I roll home in the wee hours and wake up the whole neighborhood...

Also I hear the BiB are becoming more aggressive in ticketing loud pipes so I'm honestly thinking of selling this pipe and looking for something a little less obnoxious. I've heard the Akrapovich recently and quite liked it.

Other than being a bit loud, I freakin' love the pipe! It weighs about 2 pounds vs the huge stock can that weighs closer to 20 pounds.
ER6nStockVs2Bros.jpg

I can definitely feel more midrange punch.

I did have to have a bung welded on for the sensor:
TwoBrosSBend1.jpg

Kind of surprised Two Bros didn't include the bung since all of the ER6 / Ninja 650 models are fuel injected and require an exhaust sensor...

Good lookin' pipe- 8)
TwoBrosFinal1.jpg

TwoBrosFinal.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Attachments

• ER6nStockVs2Bros.jpg
    ER6nStockVs2Bros.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 109
  • TwoBrosFinal.jpg
    TwoBrosFinal.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 111