Kawasaki frame problem in Laos.

Feb 8, 2009
The problem with the broken frame is not so a big problem when you find the right “master of broken frames”. In february we ride to Laos. When I arrived in SALAVAN my frame was broken. But after a while we find a shop and 2 hours later – everything was ok.
The Kawasaki frame is a problem when your bag is a little bit heavy.

ccrlawkm3w5b2x4gl.jpg

ccrlbg7clhpcoaok5.jpg

ccrlbufrliqhqunyt.jpg

ccrlcaatcf0thmq51.jpg

ccrlcny01nlfr7sgl.jpg

Mar 12, 2013
The same happened to my Honda wave due to having a bag on a frame on the back. I'm surprised you managed to get it fixed in Laos though! My experience any mechanics or similar is very negative. Perhaps the guy who fixed it was Vietnamese or something ha ha. One last thing as well, has anyone seen anyone using anything other than a ARC Welder here in Laos? I don't think I've ever even seen a MIG welder here!

Dec 27, 2007
I know several people who have managed to crack their rear subframes due to heavy loads and rough roads. Seen it happen on an overloaded ER6n, several KLXs and even a Yammie Fazer. The subframes on most bikes generally are not meant to carry heavy loads. When people add panniers, top boxes, etc it's probably a good idea to look at the frame and reinforce if necessary.

On this bike are you riding two-up? If not, why not try to move the load further forward so that it is supported by the main frame stays that support the seat. Not only will it remove weight from the subframe, it should also improve the handling of the bike.
ccrlawkm3w5b2x4gl.jpg