Kawasakis from Thailand to Luang Prabang

Mar 30, 2010
fellas,

A friend and I will be crossing at Chiang Khong early December 3rd and heading in the Direction of Nong Khiew..
All depending on when we cross etc as leaving early AM on the Friday from Chiang Mai.
We will stop in LP at least once and head to the Plain of jars before heading to Vang Vieng for a night or so then on to Vientiane.
Taking the night train back to Bangkok on the 11th at 6:30pm from Nong Khai.

Hope we can meet some where along the way. You are welcome to join also.

Brian

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
brian_bkk wrote: fellas,

A friend and I will be crossing at Chiang Khong early December 3rd and heading in the Direction of Nong Khiew..
All depending on when we cross etc as leaving early AM on the Friday from Chiang Mai.
We will stop in LP at least once and head to the Plain of jars before heading to Vang Vieng for a night or so then on to Vientiane.

Brian
Best of luck. Make sure you cross on the Friday 3rd December, because it will be a long weekend 3-4-5 December with Customs more than likely NOT working & so NO vehicle crossings for those 3 days.

Dec 27, 2007
Davidfl wrote: [quote quote=brian_bkk]fellas,

Brian
Best of luck. Make sure you cross on the Friday 3rd December, because it will be a long weekend 3-4-5 December with Customs more than likely NOT working & so NO vehicle crossings for those 3 days.
Ooops! :oops:
Well, hope you guys find a way across all the same or can adjust your travel plans around the holiday.
As for the rest of us I think we'll most likely be hitting Laos a little later in the month.
Spoke to West earlier today and I think we're looking to go some time between roughly the ~12th-21st.
Have to talk to the rest of the gang to see what dates work best for everyone.
Really looking forward to it! Been living in Thailand for a while now and have yet to step foot in Laos! Hoping to change that SOON!
Ride On!
Tony

ps. anyone think we should start a new thread for this trip?
T

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
TonyBKK wrote: [quote quote=Davidfl][quote quote=brian_bkk]fellas,

Brian
Ooops! :oops:
Well, hope you guys find a way across all the same or can adjust your travel plans around the holiday.
As for the rest of us I think we'll most likely be hitting Laos a little later in the month.
Spoke to West earlier today and I think we're looking to go some time between roughly the ~12th-21st.
Have to talk to the rest of the gang to see what dates work best for everyone.
Really looking forward to it! Been living in Thailand for a while now and have yet to step foot in Laos! Hoping to change that SOON!
Ride On!
Tony

ps. anyone think we should start a new thread for this trip?
T
Good idea to start a new thread Tony. You can lead the way :thumbup:
I reckon I will be crossing over to Laos for a few weeks around the 10th, which is a holiday, so possibly Monday 13th? for a couple of weeks.
But I'm running 6 weeks behind schedule. Funny how it goes eh? :lol:

Feb 5, 2007
As soon as I get the plate for the Versys I want to go to Laos, so lets organize a GT-Rider road trip

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Davidfl wrote: [quote quote=brian_bkk]fellas,

Brian
Brian my oops. :oops: Sat-Sun-Monday 4-5-6 is the long weekend. Make sure you get over on Friday the 3rd.
(Thanks Tony - a typo.) :thumbup:

Mar 30, 2010
Yep, we plan to be there by 10am Firday.. Don't want to get stuck on the Monday..

Should be a nice 9 days away and only a few days off work :)