klx250 front forks

Linds

Oct 31, 2009
Had a good time doing some trails up country, then when i got home to wash my bike i noticed that the right fork has blown a seal :evil: , dont know how long it had been going, its got to be a warrenty fix as i`ve only had the bike a year now.
when i bought the bike i checked the factory settings for the suspensions ,which were not right , 3 clicks off front and preload on the rear was soft.So i fixed the rear preload and adjusted the front to factory specs +4 to suit my weight a bit more 95kg nothing drastic so thats not the cause i dont think.
and this was all on my last day in LOS.
Any tech guys out there with views on this ? would be appreciated.

Sep 22, 2008
I would not think that Fork seals are covered under warranty, especially after 1 year. It is a simple and inexpensive fix, Just take it to the Kawa shop and get it done.

Linds

Oct 31, 2009
didnt have time to take to the Kwaca Shop but e-mailed them about this ,
the reply was that maybe the seal was faulty and they could replace free of charge as my bike has still a low km reading and they wnt to check the seating of the other forkseal.
Yes it may be a quick fix, but if the QC of the bikes sold in Thailand is different to whats exported thats a different matter.
And if enough of us arnt bothered then the manufacturer also wont be bothered