LASER ProDuro exhaust

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
The stock exhaust on my 16 year old DR650 is crap at the best, heavy and really muffles the nice sound from the thumper too much for my taste. When I purchased the bike it came with an US made Supertrapp, after using this one just for a month I now call these products Supercrap, what they are, thing fell apart just after 200 kms, bolts for disks are after a while corroded into the thread, or they snap or the threads just disappear.
Thought to myself why not get a decent exhaust and after paying Chan at M-Technik in Singapore a visit I had both the choice for a Sebring or a Laser, well after seeing Sebrings prices, the choice was clear and I settled for a LASER ProDuro but not the racing model, only the street legal one.
It is nicely made from stainless steel, also the clamps are perfect, a reduction pipe thatcomes with it is also in stainless steel. I paid for it SGD 590 which are approximately THB 14,000.-, couldn't find one in LOS. Got it delivered to my doorstep by a bikerfriend of his who came up for a 'Wave' run to Pai.
Workmanship is perfect, product is made in the Netherlands and the sound satisfies me very much, at least it scares the dogs, Waves & Somtam sellers off from the middle of the road.
So here's 2 fotos:
LaserProDuro.jpg

~ mounted and already discoloured:
DSC01507.jpg

for anyone wanting some information: www.laserexhausts.com
B.rgds, Franz