Looking for a mechanic in Luang Prabang that can work on Honda XR-250

JarekN

Aug 14, 2015
Hi :)

Hopefully someone here can help me out :D  I am looking for a mechanic in Luang Prabang that can work on Honda XR-250, to be more specific someone who has voltage meter as I am having electrical issues.

I'd like to:

1. Test the alternator,

2. Replace the AC Regulator - I've been told that one from Honda Spacy, Honda SH, Honda Lead, Honda Phantom should work fine. My last one died and I was able to find a temporary replacement but it's a 2phase and I don't think it is keeping up.

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

JarekN

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
I googled Mechanic Luang Prabang on GTR & came up with

https://www.gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorcycling/topic/luang-prabang-motorbike-service

please let us know how you go with an update.

JarekN

Aug 14, 2015
Thanks David!

Will try em tomorrow and let you guys know :D

PS, I saw that post but with it being dated 2012 wasn't sure if the place was still gonna be around.

Jul 11, 2007
Hello JarekN.

No Lea has not his shop there anymore. Instead,his wife has opened a succesful

restaurant.Can ask her if he is still in the business and where.

If not,last year,I needed some repairs on my 250 AX,and been to a shop which cares for the Honda police fleet.

It's about 100 meters to the right after crossing the bridge over the Nam Khane,before theX to the airport.

Good luck,

Lung Jacques.

JarekN

Aug 14, 2015
Hello Lung Jacques,

Do you know the name of the shop?  Or is there something specific to recognize it by ?

THANKS!

JarekN

Aug 14, 2015
Hi :)

Found the place, got the Regulator replaced at 550k, quite much more from what I would have paid in VN but it is what it is.  They didn't have the Voltage meter so will wait couple of days to see how it goes.

Thanks everyone :D

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
[quote quote=257221]Hi
simple-smile.png
Found the place, got the Regulator replaced at 550k, quite much more from what I would have paid in VN but it is what it is. They didn’t have the Voltage meter so will wait couple of days to see how it goes. Thanks everyone
1f600.png
[/quote]

Could you get some photos of the shop & post them please so other people know what to look for. Thanks.

Jul 11, 2007
Hello Jarek N,Hope the repair will last.

David, as far as I remember ,there is no name.To be more precise on the location: Between the bridge over the Nam Khane and the cross roads, Right to the airport,there is only one soi on the right. The mechanic is about 20 meters before.

Cheers, Lung Jacques.

JarekN

Aug 14, 2015
<p>Hi guys, the shop changed the adapter with a pretty high markup/cost, but so it is.  Problem is they did not have a voltage meter so not sure about it, as i find that the adapter gets insanely hot.</p><p>Sorry I didn't take photos, but you can't miss the place.  I also did bunch of things at the Vietnamese mechanic, much happier with his work.</p>