looking for travelling companion

Dec 18, 2006
Looking for travelling companion[:)]
Phnom Penh(around 18/01) Vientiane (around 6/02)
Frenchman "59"still good and trained enduro ridder[:p]
(using in France and in Morocco KTM 450 EXC)
Will use 400 DRZ for this trip
Never been in Cambodia but know and have good GPS(dirt)tracks in LAO[:eek:)]
Also looking for reports or tracks above N19°30 line, especialy
in NW and full N of Lao[8)]
Friendurely . Paul

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Paul
Hope you find someone to ride with.
If you've got lots of gps tracks for Laos is there any chance you can contribute / share some road & trip reports for Laos?
Many thanks in advance.

Dec 18, 2006
hello David,
Thanks for your answer .
I am not sure I put my message in the right chapter .If you think better to put in another place please let me knoW .
About my Lao last year tracks : It was the first time I used a Garmin 60 cs and was surprised a few time by the uploaded memory (so parts are missing)and when coming back at home it was also the first time I tried to exploit my tracks with a computer and I made some mistakes . So what realy I have saved at the moment is the Waypoints list I pickep up manualy from a 1/1000 000° map and which allowed us (two weeks with Jean -Louis Papaya spa down to Pakse + two weeks up to Hongsa ) to find the way but needs explainations .I am also able to show the Tacks( with Ozie expl.) on your map, but it does not fit truely together .
Now I am working with a Garmin 276 C with a very large memory and hope to show you nices tracks in a few monthes.
In a next message I try to insert a few pictures .
See you on the track one day .Paul.

quote:

Originally posted by Davidfl

Paul
Hope you find someone to ride with.
If you've got lots of gps tracks for Laos is there any chance you can contribute / share some road & trip reports for Laos?
Many thanks in advance.

alric

Dec 12, 2006
I am intending to do some riding in cambodia, phnom penh-kratie-stung treng-banlung- sen monorem-PP basically
Probably start 18-25 january, will need to hire or buy a bike
Have ridden some offroad, currently have a KTM250exc 2stroke,had drz400 last year.
would like someone to ride with
"59"is the same vintage