Malaysian Rider Down

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by Auke, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Auke

Auke Ol'Timer

From the MalSing forum:

For some of you, who may have met him, RichVon from Malaysia (who, for as far as I know was also a member of the GT Rider community) was killed in a motor vehicle accident in Thailand on Sunday the 16th while on his annual visit to the Golden Triangle. No further details available at this point in time.

2. Loading...

3. burnjr

burnjr Ol'Timer

his is from kuala lumpur ride together owner of welly at sg buloh selangor...
    he with bmw geng ..
    any detail abve the accidents Auke
  4. Joko

Joko Ol'Timer

up to one knows exactly what happened except that a pedestrian was involved. The late Ricky's family is up in CNX to bring his body/ashes back.

Ricky was a nice & caring person from what I heard...May he R.I.P.

joko- :(
  5. rene-s

rene-s Ol'Timer

Too bad, my condoleances for his family and friends.......

May richvon rest in peace.
  6. Dougal

Dougal Ol'Timer

Always sad when one of us goes down.

All condolences and best wishes to family and friends. RIP.
  7. razin

razin Member

Condolence to the family and may Rick Rest In Peace. I first met him on Betong Bike Week when he just bought the RT then many times after that. He's a nice person to talk to :(
  8. Ulysses 31

Ulysses 31 Member

Never met the guy, looked like a cool dude from the photo and it's shame he's met his end.

Those whom the Gods love, die young, it is said.

9. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Sad news indeed. My condolences to Rick's family & close friends.
    At least he was doing something that he really enjoyed when his number came up.
    RIP mate.
  10. Pikey

Pikey Ol'Timer

Deepest sympathies to those he left behind and yet another reminder of just how vunerable we sometimes are riding in this part of the world. Actually 2007 has been a pretty sh*te year - roll on 2008 and better fortune for us all...

RIP Rick.

11. monsterman

monsterman Ol'Timer

My condolences to all his family and friends, so sad .

12. Franz

Franz Ol'Timer

My condolences to his family and may he rest in peace !
  13. andy1100xx

andy1100xx Member

Very thoughts are with his family :cry:
  14. Rhodie

Rhodie Ol'Timer

A tremendous sadness when a true biker goes down,
    having ridden all the way up to GT Land.
    May he ride on forever, in peace.
    Requiescat In Pace
  15. burnjr

burnjr Ol'Timer

get right story from david is a gs rider..the accident happen infront of him about 30 metre.the bikers is onway to mukadahan..
    one small bike ride by two small girls around 13 years old girls.suddently come out from small junction with ut stop the bike ..ricky hit the bike..
    the girls only outpaintion..but ricky have injury on his neck hit by marking stone, side of the road and down on the sport ,..his new bmw rt and hit the sign board damage into two pcs.
    the bodies arrived here today....
    My condolences to all his family and friends.RIP Rick
  16. Ian Bungy

Ian Bungy Ol'Timer

Same Story happened to Pikey on His New Triumph. Luck was on His Side, only His Bike was Damaged but he was OK. Back to My View The Parents of these Underage, Ignorant Morons should be Held Responsible. An Eye for an Eye. Hate to see anyone taken out while the Shit Heads who cause it live. All my Best Wishes and Sympathy to RichVon and His Family. Ride in the Sky Mate.
  17. Harry Sheene

Harry Sheene Active Member

Very sad to hear. I was down in Southern Thailand last week and a pissed up farmer ( I presume) tried to cut across me on the highway 4 out of Thong Sung, how we did not wipe out, I will never know.... Trying one of those illegal U turns..... It was either him or a grass V-verge dip. I just braked as hard as I could frm 150KPH yelled, FUCK ME and some how I missed the old fecker..........Condoldences to Yap's family.....