Massive Police Crackdown on non Registered bikes in pattaya!

Joko

Dec 10, 2006
monsterman wrote: Siverhawk

the sad truth is the whole system is vague and random even when dealing with Bangkok, often the Thai officials dont know what the actual process should be.I have dealt with them for 7 years in business and now cant be bothered with it anymore.
hahahahhaa... :lol: I can sympathise with you lot. BUT then again, being in a developing country ( active verb 'developing'), things are fluid and continuosly changing. :lol:

Unlike a developed country e.g. singapore or the west or downunder, where things esp government stuff, are well defined and probably better executed.

Anyway, its heartening that many have adopted a "when u can't beat 'em, join 'em' approach. methink, its Lesser stress that way!

joko-on-d-go!!!!!!!!

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Well I guess if you really summed it up thats accurate but is really not much different in any aspect with other entities. Nong Khai has certain way to process your visa, different then most. You want a yellow house book, you will have to differently in Khon Kean then Udon.

Went immigration to get a letter so we could register bike Immigrations say you go to o to the motoveheilces requating a leter. Who in turn sent us back to Immigartion. How we found out about yellow house books

I sit in the motor vehicle registeration and watched as a Thai official told a friend the only way he could own a motorcycle was to marry a Thai. What we did to the other one in town and put the bike in his name.

You know guys it is what it is, some of it's some is not. About the only thing yuo can do unless you want pulsating ulcers is go with the flow.

How long ago was it since we heard of a bike being seized. Anything after the press release?

No way in the world would I try to go through that process in Bangkok. Not even easy for the authorized dealers.

Dave is right easier to buy the new models. Me I will ride mine as long as I can. Then hopefully the V-Star will be here, Who knows stranger things have happened in Thailand :lol:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
There's getting to be a lot of waffle on here you guys...

Perhaps there should be separate threads
1. What you all think about making grey imports legal
2. Importing big bikes legally (again)
3. Living in a rapidly developing 3rd world country.
They could go on forever with no real definitive answers & just hearsay opinions about I heard that, or why don't they or what at if....
Sorry, but some of this junk belongs on Thai visa. :p

In relation to the OP thread title

Massive Police Crackdown on non Registered bikes in pattaya!

Does anyone have any new real news to add or first had info / experience of what has happened to the seized bikes & what the future holds for grey imports according to the police?

Oct 17, 2006
David ,, the situation in Pattaya vis a vis the renters is that they are having to pay big money to make their bikes legal if they have the import papers otherwise they stay seized or are being quietly broken up as spares,

As for individuals its each man for himself.

Oct 17, 2006
Hi ray ,I am in france now , but my friends say things are quieter in Pattaya but the situation is that legal is now preffered even by the dodgy Thais.

jerry

Muzz

Mar 27, 2007
I paid the 'right' price for my BMW. It's all straight and legal. If any Brown shirt tried getting funny with me and my bike, you'd see me in the Guinness Book of World Records for giving a Policeman the hardest single kick in the bollocks anywhere ever.

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Jerry,

If you are around Paris, do not hesitate to mail and call we can meet I stay up to the 8 th of April and then zoummmmmm to LOS for Songkran