Medical/First Responder Course of interest to riders in Chiang Mai (WFR/TMFR)

May 17, 2014
Longtime lurker (I mostly post over in ADV), but want to let everyone here know about a course that is going on here next week in Chiang Mai.

We're sponsoring a Wilderness First Responder/Travel Medicine First Responder course, and flying in two senior WFR instructors from the US for it.

It's really hard to find decent first aid training in Thailand, so we've been running an international WFR course here every couple of years, in part because we need to have our team trained as certified as WFRs.

The course will be Feb 1-8 and accredited through Wilderness Medical Associates International (one of the instructors is the head of WMA).

With all the traveling we all do, this course will come in handy -- I've been a WFR for 10+ years, and have used it a lot.

The info on the course is here: www.isdsi.org/wfr.

-Mark

(Mods, if this is the wrong place for this, go ahead and move it, and if there is a better place for this, let me know!)

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Great Idea Mark. Good Luck and I hope You get plenty of Participants! I believe an Essential addition for everyone! We try to have our own Course for all Our Staff once a Year if possible. always good to be prepared as You never know when You may need it!

May 17, 2014
Yep, that info is correct. The website has everything on it.

And yeah, it isn't cheap. The price is the standard price for WFRs in the US. With medical training, especially at this level, you get what you pay for! :wink:

We're hoping to start offering these annually, and I'm going to ask them about developing a moto specific short course (more trauma oriented, lots of practice debriding and cleaning road rash, etc.) Besides, we could just ride around with the rescue guys for a weekend and get all the practice we want!