Minsks in Hanoi

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Am off to Hanoi for a flying visit this w/end.
can anybody put me in direct contact with the guys at the Minsk Club.
Their website only has an email link.
Is there a dealer run by farangs as would like to meet up to plan a forthcoming trip to Dien Bien Phu as well as the northern areas & islands on a Minsk.
Also, some tips on good nightlife spots appreciated.
ATB
Rhodie

Glenn

Jul 16, 2005
I hope this response isn't too late. You should go to Cuong's Motorbike Adventure, 1 Luong Ngoc Quyen in the Old Quarter. The place is not run by foreigners but you may run into some Minsk club people there, and the boys at the shop can give you lots of riding tips.

Start your night at Highway 4 at 5 Hang Tre in the Old Quarter -- look for all the Minsks parked out front. You could also stop at bia hoi corner where Luong Ngoc Quyen meets Ta Hien for cheap bia and the chance to meet up with other travellers, drinkers and Minskers. Dragonfly on Hang Buom seems to be the late-night bar of choice since Barracuda changed hands. Otherwise, New Century is the only big Vietnamese nightclub in town.

Enjoy.

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Glenn,
Much appreciated the steer towards Cuong's outfit - and the night scene.
Dragonfly was dead last night & never made New Century - am unreliably told that this is the local meat market!
Cuong is in Laos at present, but his guys seemed really switched on and have reasonable looking bikes for hire @ $6 per day.
Apparently Minsks are no longer being imported [since 5 years ago], and spare parts are becoming hard to get.
They went on tell me that the Vietnamese law may be changing in June/July next year, allowing "big bikes" to come into the country.
This, obviously, would be great for those of us interested in taking our Thai bikes cross border.
But having spoken subsequently to Dan @ the Minsk Club, he cautioned
against such optimism, as the Vietnamese law appears to be somewhat schizophrenic at present.
Cheers
Rhodie