Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Tom Forde wrote: Hi David,
Count me in, where is it?
Tom
The food order goes in tonight for 12 people.
1. David Unk
2. Ron Webb & Gop
3. Pico & Sao
4. Gold Mine
5. Two Wheels
6. Moto-Rex
7. Pee & Boua
8. Ally
9. Tom Forde.

3 sets. 1 Set 4 people.
See ya all tomorrow 7PM.
"Late comers" are welcome, & can order when they get there.

Oct 17, 2006
Excellent dinner, good talks, discovering more about what's behind a nick name/ face. Full of surprises, wonderful!
Such a variety of life stories, worth a book or more. The United Nations in small at the Banana Tree. Eager to have more of such encounters.
Pico

PS= the girls are getting a little more numerous now and seemed to have enjoyed themselves too. Most likely finding the common beppbeppbepp target = bitching gently and giggling loudly about biker farangs.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
PICO-PICO wrote: Excellent dinner, good talks, discovering more about what's behind a nick name/ face. Full of surprises, wonderful!
Such a variety of life stories, worth a book or more. The United Nations in small at the Banana Tree. Eager to have more of such encounters.
Pico

PS= the girls are getting a little more numerous now and seemed to have enjoyed themselves too. Most likely finding the common beppbeppbepp target = bitching gently and giggling loudly about biker farangs.

Catching up after a few days away...some belated photos.
img_2022.jpg

img_2023.jpg

img_2024.jpg

Thank you one & all who turned up. It was a joy to see the ladies there too. :thumbup:
Richard "Gold Mine" thanks for coming along & meeting everyone.
We hope to see more of you. Please join in on the forum & come along to the dinners.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
DECEMBER
Wed 1st Dec GT Rider Chiang Mai City Dinner – Banana Tree
Sun 5th Dec King Birthday.
Mon 6th Dec Public Holiday in lieu of Kings Birthday 5th Dec.
Frid 10th Dec Constitution Day.
Friday 17th Dec Chiang Mai Toy Ride Charity Event at Mae Sapok, in Mae Wang district.
http://chiangmaitoyride.com/?p=966
Saturday 18th Dec GT Rider Rendezvous Dinner Up Country – cancelled

Sunday 26th Dec GT Rider Christmas Ride - Phayao?
2010-christmas-ride-t8954.html#p53781

Wed 29th Dec GT Rider Chiang Mai City Dinner – Miguels Nong Hoi.

Frid 31st Dec New Years Eve Holiday 31st – 3rd

Dec 18, 2010
Have reached Chiang Mai with new sidi boots from santa claus in hand :) Will head north on R107 to Fang, Monday and try CM to Pai on Tuesday, seeking a bit of adventure. Any joiners? +66-8-5522-3406 Or great to meet the gt-riders on Wednesday. Is it a green light for Miguels Nong Hoi?

Sep 4, 2007
Hi Stephen, I hope you have a great ride. I am in Khon Kaen today, Loei Wednesday and back Chiang Mai Thursday, so will miss a ride with you and Wednesday dinner.
Is the dinner on, good question, it seems a lot of members are busy with family etc, or travelling and I believe David U is still in Laos, so not sure if on or not. Hopefully some others will post before tmro night. I guess we will get things together a bit more after the New Year fuss dies down.

Sep 4, 2007
Appeal to all regular GT city dinner attendees. Is anyone going to post to tell Steven if there is a dinner tonight. (Wednesday 29th December 2010). Anyone Going:crazy:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
johngooding;263289 wrote: Appeal to all regular GT city dinner attendees. Is anyone going to post to tell Steven if there is a dinner tonight. (Wednesday 29th December 2010). Anyone Going:crazy:

A post new year "recovery" dinner - return to Miguels, since it looks like nothing happened on the 29th.
7.30pm Monday 24th January 2011.
Anyone interested?

I will be off to southern Laos a few days later, so would like to meet up with quite a few good GT Rider people before I go.

Sep 4, 2007
Will be happy to attend, but I may need to beg a lift, as I have a damaged big toe at the moment. Off the bikes for a few days.

Oct 17, 2006
We are in.
JohnGooding, don't remember where you live but it seems to be somewhere in the area, Government House.
Happy to take you. PM and I'll call you.

Pico

Sep 4, 2007
Hi Pico, Thank you very much. Actually my home not near Government house, I think a misunderstanding between us about Payap Uni v Payap School. I am near the Uni.
I appreciate your kindness, but I have already been offered a lift, so I look forward to seeing you there.

Oct 17, 2006
Another enjoyable evening. My wish would be to have more room to mingle around more easily. Not that I minded the least that I had to stay close to Richard's charming and highly fascinating wife but others might have wanted the same chance too.
Pico

Jul 25, 2010
Again a good evening indeed with loads of entertaining stories and useful info being exchanged.

Sep 4, 2007
Captain_Slash;265392 wrote: I am looking forward to meeting up for dinner when I get back Franz but that wont be until at least the middle of march, I was merely enquiring if the dinners were still going on as I havent seen one posted recently
Hi Colin,
No there have not been anymore dinners since the 24th January. David has been away since then on an intensive mapping tour of Laos, and no one else has stepped in to arrange anything. I guess that is why Franz, who has also been very busy, suggested you might like to get something going. I think most of us are waiting till David gets back and then maybe we discuss wether there is still support for a regular Chiang Mai Dinner. The out of town ones are not likely to do to well, based on past attendance and the forthcoming hot and then wet season.
What I would like to float as an idea is to get away from Chiang Mai from 13th to 15th April to somewhere like Payao,or Nan and do a bit of relaxing and riding away from the totally non traditional CM approach to Songkran.
Anyone else interested?

Oct 17, 2006
Love the idea off getting away, Payao ,Nan perfectly ok.
Loas, want to broaden the question to= how about the burning season there? Cooler ??
An option for couple of weeks?

Oct 17, 2006
I'm happy to organize one in early March, in Mae Rim, no not Xcenter, Ian and Mrs Long will forgive me for not having a pork salad once in a while,
A nice, intimate place, good Thai an Farang cooking, No band.
Would make it a precondition No Karakoke, not sure owner can afford turning away locals.

Pico

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
PICO-PICO;265416 wrote: I'm happy to organize one in early March, in Mae Rim, no not Xcenter, Ian and Mrs Long will forgive me for not having a pork salad once in a while,
A nice, intimate place, good Thai an Farang cooking, No band.
Would make it a precondition No Karakoke, not sure owner can afford turning away locals.

Pico

Pico
You're on good idea to have one north of town.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
2wheels;265513 wrote: Pico and Khun Sao and I went to the restaurant Pico has in mind last night
(the See Paak restaurant) and it is an excellent venue for a GT-R dinner.
Good variety of food, good and QUIET music (or none), easy to find, attractive
and large eating area, friendly staff. :thumbup:
(When are you back in CMai David?)

Ron
Back in town 2 days & flat out catching up to emails & the forum. It never eases up. Ho. Ho.
Pico, the See Paak sounds alright to me for a dinner, so what about mid week either the first or 2nd week of March.
i.e. either Wed 2nd or 9th of March; or Thursday 3rd or 10th of March.
Who's up for what dates?

Status
Not open for further replies.