MotoGP - what's wrong with it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by DavidFL, Aug 3, 2012.

1. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

If you're a bit like me & don't think MotoGP is as brilliant or exciting as it was several years ago, read this from Speedmonkey in the UK

2. Loading...

3. Satonic

Satonic Ol'Timer

Some very interesting and valid points there. Personally I haven't got bored with MotoGp yet, well not in the same way I did with the F1.

I would just like to see Rossi back up there for a season and I'll be happy ;)
  4. monsterman

monsterman Ol'Timer

It has become a procession like F1 , too expensive as well, stoners departure is good as although he is an awesome rider he lacks personality , Rossi is past his sell by date and ducati have their head up their backsides on development of their machines ,
    Moto GP needs radical surgery or just watch BSB or WSB
  5. blackb15

blackb15 Ol'Timer

I think it has to change and needs more bikes on the grid, when you look at British superbikes week in week out fantastic racing and good compition between the makes, but it's so expensive for the top bikes in moto gp
    some good points above
    it will be interesting how cal cruchlow gets on if he goes to Ducati and Rossi to Yamaha
    I think on the right bike rossi still has it
    Safe riding
  6. David Race

David Race Ol'Timer

As far as I know there will be all CRT bikes on the grid by 2014.
    They are slower but less expensive and if all the riders have to use these bikes instead of the 2 tear format they are using at present we should have a lot more bikes on the grid at a cheaper cost and best of all close racing.
    We wait and see.
  7. Linds

Linds Ol'Timer

With Rossi returning there will be some sparks again at least.
    And with Yamaha setting the next two seasons as confirmed then it rules out a complete CRT line up,just need Kawasaki back along with Suzuki.
    Who for Ducati as replacement? Maybe Cruthlow or ?
  8. blackb15

blackb15 Ol'Timer

I think it will be crutchlow as he is desperate for a factory ride and Ducati need someone from the same stable as stoner ie can ride and push a difficult bike
    I am a bit biased as crutchlow from same city as me Coventry but he just needs to beat his team mate ( not easy done) but this weekend should be intresting as he knows that
    Safe riding