MRA xcm Screen - Dissapointed!

Aug 20, 2013
I recently installed the screen hoping it would be a big improvement over the standard on my Versys, but it offer nothing over the original. In fact, when the mic is placed in the helmet if i'm using the action camera, the noise at 100kph plus it much louder. I have tried various setting without success.

Does anyone use one and has it made a difference? Mine is on the highest setting on the fairing, and I did consider making some spacers to try and make the screen a little more vertical. But for 7500bht, it is dreadful thus far!

Cheers

PH000022.jpg

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
I have no complaints with mine set on the highest setting.
There are a couple of settings to tilt the screen forward / backward a tad so u could experiment with these as well.
Power On. sent from Sony Xperia AcroS

rcm273

Nov 3, 2013
Hat Yai, TH
Is that on a 2015 Versys ?

I have a freebie MRI screen which / because it doesn't have the touring extender.

Its hard to tell, but it seems be a different shape and more upright than yours. Does yours have a slot about an inch above the headlight ?

Even without the extension ( X-shield isn't it ? ) its a million times better than the stock screen and looks a million times better than a GIVI ( copy ).

I found with the stock screen, I would get hit left, then right and some times my head would be pulled in a 360 move.

Not so with the MRI, i never feel my head being buffeted about, i put it down to the vortex and science that MRI must apply to their design. I was really happy with my gift.

Im sure you are correct in what you say, your problem is noise, mine was the wind - but I have only good things to say about the screen.

Aug 20, 2013
Just an update:
I raised the screen via the well nuts on the kawa, but by detaching the screen from the angled brackets I used 2 rubber faucet seals - one either side on the top fixing to make the screen more verticle. Made a big difference.

Apr 16, 2011
Hi guys
i have the same screen and have the same opinion, it is very noisy and i have it set on the highest setting for the second small screen

Faragit can you post a picture of what you have done with yours to make it better.