My old Bikes

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by Craypot, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Craypot

Craypot Ol'Timer

Dave, I know this is not what this forum is about but I was looking through some photos I have available of my old bikes and felt like sharing. So WTF here are some of my old and new bikes.

These are my old brit bikes I sold a couple of years ago.

That thare is a Levis Popular of around 1921

That is an AJS 350 side valve of c1930 vintage. A beautiful bike.

A 2002 Bonneville turned into a Cafe Racer before the Thruxton.

My first barn find. A 1964 G12 Matchless I found and restored. It was an ex Australian Police bike.

Oh and thats RH's first Chinese bike.. Ho Hum.. What can i say.
  2. Loading...

3. rhiekel

rhiekel Ol'Timer

Hey are you ragging on my Chinese bike ??? Have to admit my bike is in some pretty sharp company there !!
  4. monsterman

monsterman Ol'Timer

Nice collection Craypot. what are u riding now
  5. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper Ol'Timer

I always had a soft spot for the Matchless with their little rubber knee pads although unfortunately never owned one. A friend owned a single cylinder can't remember if it was 350 or 500cc but it was a terror to start and if you didn't get it right it would toss you over the handlebars or break your leg. No decompression that I recall.
    Btw. Is there any significance that in your lineup of classy machines the Chinese one is the only one chained down ?
  6. BignTall

BignTall Ol'Timer

A tip of the hat to you Craypot. Those slidevalved AJS's are a thing of beauty.