Nan - Lao Boarder still open

ntb

Aug 18, 2009
Hi. Read you have no problem crossing Nan - Lao. I go Lao Feb.3 and was going Chiang Kong way but heard it is now a problem. I will try Nan way.
Can you tell me what is the procedure for that crossing. My bike is Cambodia Registered and friend's bike is registered Thailand. Can we get all paper work there? Any info you can give would be a great help.
Thanks

Aug 13, 2007
Thailand
Can anyone give info crossing from Laos to Thailand at the Nan crossing? I plan on trying in a couple days.

Thanks.

Dec 27, 2007
Crossing from Huay Kon, Nan to Meung Nguen, Laos is the same as any other Thai-Lao border crossing. Do you have any specific questions?

Aug 13, 2007
Thailand
Thanks TonyBKK. This is my first trip into Laos. We crossed into Laos at Chong Mek without any troubles so if it's the reverse order of the inbound crossing it should be fairly straight forward i guess? I've kind of lost track of time and just realized we'll want to do the crossing on saturday? Are the land crossings open 7 days a week?

Aug 13, 2007
Thailand
Quick update,

We crossed from Laos to Thailand at this crossing on the 8th of Feb. A little confusion on the Laos side but Laos officials very easy to deal with. On the Thai side smooth as silk. Thai officials very easy to deal with and my Thai wife let me do most of the talking. I even got a "Chock Dee Khap" and a big wai from the older Thai official I dealt with at the end of it all. We crossed first thing in the morning.

Dwayne.