Need a Cheap 'Big' bike

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Buy and Sell' started by stoni1, Jun 25, 2013.

1. stoni1

stoni1 Ol'Timer

Hi Guys

I need a really cheap, cheap big bike to get around on. It must be road worthy, reasonable condition and not a dream or wave or the like.

I'm only looking to spend in the region of 20/30,000 Baht. I know it's not much but maybe you have an old but serviceable sit up and beg that will do the trick as long as its reliable etc. I will consider most things eg: Street, Motard, Enduro. I'm not interested in racing machines or chopper type stuff. Good example would be Honda CB type bikes or anyhting motard or enduro as long as road legal.

What have you guys got that may be cluttering your garages that may be of use to me?

2. Loading...

3. moose65

moose65 Active Member

i have a mint xjr1300 for sale if you are interested !

rob

4. stoni1

stoni1 Ol'Timer

Hi Rob.

Can you send me pictures and details please.

Email: djstone38@aol.com

Thanks

Stoni

5. moose65

moose65 Active Member

xjr 1300 for sale

bike is registered in si saket

have book

can transfer to falang name

6. stoni1

stoni1 Ol'Timer

Hi Rob

I thought it was too good to be true!

The price has one to many zero's for me. Unless you are feeling very charitable and want to see a fellow biker with a big grin on his face! ha ha ha

I really am looking at a cheap, cheap, run around but thank you for the reply

regards

Stoni

7. moose65

moose65 Active Member

good luck , i really doubt you will find anything legal under 100 k baht.

8. stoni1

stoni1 Ol'Timer

Thanks Rob, I share your doubt but I am an eternal optimist. Good luck with selling your bike.

9. stoni1

stoni1 Ol'Timer

Hi Guys.

I have managed to raid the piggy bank and now can raise my funds to maximum 50,000. Come on guys, I'm sure you can come up with some thing suitable for me. rack those brains please...he he he

10. RED21

RED21 New Member

You could probably get a used Honda CBR150, a used Honda Phantom, or a used Kawasaki Boss. Not exactly big bikes but they aren't like Waves and Dreams either.:D

11. yankee99

yankee99 Ol'Timer

Enough for a used pcx but good luck with your hunting

12. ballbkk

ballbkk Active Member

50K ...cheer used CBR150I too ..

old and cheap bigbike maybe come with alot problem

13. mezcal

mezcal Ol'Timer

Hi

I'm sure you can find something. A couple of years back I sold a Suzuki Bandit 400 for 50 something thousand, with green book, so definitely not impossible.

Check out mocyc.com, lot of bikes there.

14. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

An older carburretor bike will cost a lot of money for fuel.
    Get something new with fuel injection.

15. finnomick

finnomick Ol'Timer

Stoni1,

KZ25 is selling a low mileage CBR150 and is asking 50,000 baht for it -- why not PM him ?

16. Muzz

Muzz Ol'Timer

I have a 2006 BMW I am selling for 25 baht.But I feel it's 115 BHP and speed may take you to an early grave, so I will take it off the market.

17. stoni1

stoni1 Ol'Timer

Are you saying you have some thing available? If so can you send me details to djstone38@aol.com

18. mezcal

mezcal Ol'Timer

19. stoni1

stoni1 Ol'Timer

20. stoni1

stoni1 Ol'Timer

Thanks for your help Muppett

21. stoni1

stoni1 Ol'Timer

Oh sorry I mean't Muzz of course...silly me !

22. stoni1

stoni1 Ol'Timer

Thank guys for all your comments I have now purchased a new Lifan ( I know before you all shout at me) but I needed a bike quickly. I will post a thread under Lifan to keep you all up to date with my experiences.

23. DavidFL

Congratulations. Let the fun begin, & yes please keep us up to date on how you go with the bike & your adventures. Don't forget some piccies too.

24. stoni1

stoni1 Ol'Timer

25. DavidFL

26. Marmite

Marmite Member