need some advice on a future trip

May 18, 2011
Hello,
i am Antoine 31 yo living in Vientiane,
i want to organize my first motorbike trip soon, we will be two people with 2 honda wave small motorbike, i want to make smth like going around nam ngum lake starting from Vte and then finishing at Vte in one week.

Do you have some idea on good spot to visit for this road or for accomodation ?

thanks

Antoine

PS : what gps map do you think will be good for a small trip like this ? if you have some gps log file of poi and so on you will be welcome

jimoi

Nov 17, 2004
Hi Antoine
going at a slow pace I might go VTE - Ban Pako via Thaduea Road to KM 45 then Ban Pako to Dansavan Resort (boat then to Long Ngum View) then to the Eco Lodge at Nam Lik, then to Vang Vieng then back down to Feung returning the same way to Vientiane. Should be easy on the scooter and allow a lot of time to see where you are and enjoy.

Jim

May 18, 2011
Thx Jimoi for all the details. Where is Feung ?

Do you think the road to go from Vte to Phonsavan is too difficult for such motorbike ?

You itinerary is nice but i want to avoid the too touristic place like Vang Vieng ;)

Cu

Antoine

jimoi

Nov 17, 2004
You have a Kolao and it's not something I'd ride up to Phonsavan this time of year from Paksan. The suggested route I gave is fairly off the main tourist runs and for Vang Vieng, it's a good place but you have to stay either out of town or in one of the more pricey hotels to avoid the evil backpackers. Feung is west of Hinhoup, the road is not completely finished but in good condition most of the way.