New big bike dealers in Thailand?

Ninja

Aug 13, 2012
I know that Kawasaki offers the Versys and other similar 650cc bikes and the 900cc Vulcan. Honda offers the 250. Ducati has new bike dealerships here, but they are way outside of my price range and style.

Are there any other new bike bike dealers (Chiang Mai and BKK) that offer new big bikes with green books besides the three mentioned above?

Just curious. I'm shopping.

Ninja

Aug 13, 2012
Thanks, Martin.

I'm guessing they're going to be priced about like the Ducati brand.

Dec 27, 2007
There's hardly a brand in Thailand that doesn't have an official dealer / importer these days, but for the imports be prepared for a bit of sticker shock.

Besides the brands already mentioned above, BMW Yamaha, Suzuki, KTM, Harley, etc all have official dealers in Thailand. Then there are the Chinese and Thai brands like Lifan and Tiger for example.

Recommend you have a look at the motorcycles by manufacturer section for a pretty good summary of everything that is available in Thailand: https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/forumdisplay.php/17-Motorcyles-By-Manufacture

Happy Trails!

Tony :happy1:

Ninja

Aug 13, 2012
Thanks, Tony!

Without my having to go dealer to dealer and asking, do you know of any Yamaha or Suzuki dealers located in CM or BKK that import, or do all of them import?

Dec 27, 2007
Ninja;282649 wrote: Thanks, Tony!

Without my having to go dealer to dealer and asking, do you know of any Yamaha or Suzuki dealers located in CM or BKK that import, or do all of them import?

Don't mention it :)

You can see the big bike models available from Yamaha, Thailand along with prices at this link: http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/ridersclub/Pricelist.aspx

There is a Yamaha big bike showroom in Chiang Mai:

Chiang Mai
Charoen Motor Chiang Mai Co., Ltd.
9 Huaykaew Rd., Tambo Suthep, Muang District,
Chiang Mai 50200
Tel(053) 218 555 Fax : (053) 213 292

Suzuki, Thailand still only sells two big bikes, the Hayabusa and the GSXR 1000 and has just one showroom in Bangkok: http://www.thaisuzuki.co.th/SUZUKIworld/

Jul 15, 2012
TonyBKK;282659 wrote: Don't mention it :)

You can see the big bike models available from Yamaha, Thailand along with prices at this link: http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/ridersclub/Pricelist.aspx

There is a Yamaha big bike showroom in Chiang Mai:

Chiang Mai
Charoen Motor Chiang Mai Co., Ltd.
9 Huaykaew Rd., Tambo Suthep, Muang District,
Chiang Mai 50200
Tel(053) 218 555 Fax : (053) 213 292

Suzuki, Thailand still only sells two big bikes, the Hayabusa and the GSXR 1000 and has just one showroom in Bangkok: http://www.thaisuzuki.co.th/SUZUKIworld/

Are the yamahas resticted same as the hondas?

Sep 4, 2007
yankee99;282730 wrote: Are the yamahas resticted same as the hondas?
No the Yamaha's are not restricted, they are mostly the models intended for the Californian market, as this made it easier for Yamaha to meet Thailands emission regs

Oct 17, 2006
No thai built Triumphs are way overpriced compared to Ducatis.Thats why ducati now outsell triumph 20-1

Nov 7, 2007
monsterman;282744 wrote: No thai built Triumphs are way overpriced compared to Ducatis.Thats why ducati now outsell triumph 20-1
It's also why Triumph will give up their high end "strategy" (which I believe never was a strategy, it just so happened because they didn't care about selling bikes in SEA at all) and make some models available direct from Thailand; Starting with Street Triple next year.

To the OP, check out Honda, they make the CBR250 and CRF250 both very nice little bikes for a very reasonable price. They'll also make 500cc bikes starting next year.

Sep 23, 2012
nikster;282771 wrote: It's also why Triumph will give up their high end "strategy" (which I believe never was a strategy, it just so happened because they didn't care about selling bikes in SEA at all) and make some models available direct from Thailand; Starting with Street Triple next year.

To the OP, check out Honda, they make the CBR250 and CRF250 both very nice little bikes for a very reasonable price. They'll also make 500cc bikes starting next year.
Interesting. What info do you have on Triumph "giving up their high-end strategy"? Anything official in terms of changing their pricing for their Thai assembled or built bikes?

Just wondering...I mean I'm not expecting them to half the price of their bikes but maybe something in between like Ducati did? The Thai built monster is much cheaper than before at 400,000...but its still not cheap of course.

Dec 27, 2007
nikster;282771 wrote: It's also why Triumph will give up their high end "strategy" (which I believe never was a strategy, it just so happened because they didn't care about selling bikes in SEA at all) and make some models available direct from Thailand; Starting with Street Triple next year.

Currently Triumph still only manufactures twins in Thailand. Of course that could change, but none of my Triumph mates have heard anything about it. Where did you hear they'll start making triples in Thailand?

Oct 17, 2006
In order for Triumph to sell even the thai made Bonny Twins at a reasonable price (400,000) in thailand they have to renegotiate the BOI privelidge's and new dealer network , the rules have changed over last 2 years They have been outmanouvered by Thai bureaucracy their competitors and thai business mafia .

it would be a good move but until they pass those steps they are uncpmpetetive in all Asean area and it wont be worth building triples here either .