New Ducati monster 696 test ride

Oct 17, 2006
I took a new Monster 696 for a test ride , I have been very critical of this machines looks but after seeing it in the flesh and riding it I am happy to say its brilliant ...more powerful than my UK Monster 750 and much smoother and lighter with even better handling , its a great bike and I think that when its available in Thailand i will try to sell the S4 monster for a new 696 .

The UK weather is warming up i did a long 300km ride on the M750 today it was nice.

Jerry

Oct 17, 2006
Well its not as fast or powerful as the S4 but it handles much better as it is so light only 165 Kgs , the riding position is very natural and the EFI fueling is very smooth and sweet ,the seat is very low too which for an old git like me is nice and will also help women and encourage newbies to try a Ducati.
You cant really compare it to the S4 which is avery powerful and much more complex beast , but against an S2r its very good , they will do a 1100 next year but to be honest the 696 is enough as it has nearly 80bhp with after market cans and that light weight.

some of the finish is raw the SS pipes will need polishing but overall detailing and the brakes are awesome.The clutch is much lighter than any previous Ducati.The bike will be customised by owners ,in the UK it is cheap only £5499. its similar to the Triumph Street triple 675 .