New rider in Lampang

Discussion in 'New Users' started by pferdy62, Jun 13, 2015.

1. pferdy62

pferdy62 New Member

Well, after much contemplation and listening to my wife and some other friends tell me what an idiot I am, I went out and bought a dirt bike. I did this knowing that Thailand has an horrific death rate for its motorcycle riders and that learning to ride a motorcycle at my age is probably a bit crazy.

Needless to say, I managed to hurt myself within a week of getting the bike. It was on a gravel road, in the evening and the sun had just dipped below the horizon. I went around a bend at a reasonably low speed and the bike just went out from under me. My left knee took a bit of a hit, but my jeans were not damaged and the pain was minor, so I thought nothing of it. The bike had come off much worse than me with a badly bent clutch lever and a bent gear lever.

I managed to get the bike back home and spent the next couple of days quietly trying not to limp. My knee had taken more damage than I thought and i needed some antibiotics to reduce the infection and get everything back to normal.

Now I have managed to put more hours on the bike and I am slowly developing my skills and confidence but I know that I have a long way to go before I can consider myself to be a competent rider.
  2. Loading...

3. jimbobs

jimbobs Ol'Timer

Good luck with your new bike
    You will soon be addicted just take it easy and stay away from city riding until you have to