New spokes and wheel retensioned in BKK?

Apr 15, 2010
Hi,

My front wheel spokes are in a very bad condition. I think it is necessary to replace most of them. Can someone recommend a place where this can be done in Bkk?
The rim size is 90/90/21

Are spokes for big bikes available in Bkk?

Cheers,

Frank

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
I am not sure of Your Spoke Layout or Bike? I guess the Africa Twin in Your Avatar? You can Order a Complete Set of Spokes for the KLX from Kawasaki. These have a 21 inch Front and the Spokes are quite thick and I am Told they are Made to Excel Standard but who knows if they would fit Your Bike Hub? Other Option is Check Red Baron in BKK or Order from Singapore and get them sent to You here? All Contacts are available on this Website! Have a Search around.

Apr 15, 2010
Thanks, my bike is a Yamaha Tenere XTZ660 with a 21" front wheel. Will try Kawasaki and Dirt Shop first.

Oct 26, 2009
Apr 15, 2010
I could not find spokes for my bike in Bangkok. Red Baron can order from Japan, Kawasaki spokes are different etc.

I might end up ordering them now, but where can I go to get them installed? I went to a small wheel builder shop, but he does not want to do it...

Apr 15, 2010
Red Baron recommended a small wheel builder shop near Victory Monument. They re-tensioned my wheel and did not require new spokes. Hopefully this will hold until Europe...