Newbie from San Francisco

Jan 26, 2013
I wanted to say hi and thank you for this amazing resource. I'll be traveling across SEA for six months starting in February. I plan to arrive in Hanoi in March, buy a motorcycle and ride to HCMC and perhaps through Cambodia as well.

I've not done any serious riding in a decade, but have ridden across the US twice and I've ridden as far as the Darien Gap in Panama. That trip was 10,000 miles in 10 weeks.

Hopefully, I'll see some of you on the road.

Be well!
Eddie

www.eatinglightbulbs.com

Dec 27, 2007
Welcome to GT-Rider!

By most accounts it's not very easy to take a Vietnamese registered bike into Thailand, but it has been done.

You might want to consider renting in each country and saving yourself the potential headaches involved with taking vehicles across borders.

Keep us posted!

:happy1:

Jan 26, 2013
Tony,
Sorry if I was not more clear. I'm just hoping to make it across the border to Cambodia and ride there. I've yet to find info on riding a bike registered in Vietnam through Cambodia and I'm looking for border crossing info as well. With any luck I'll make it across the borde into Cambodia and be able to sell my bike there before flying to Indonesia, my next stop after Cambodia. I'm following the weather!

Thanks!
Eddie

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
wanderir;287098 wrote: Tony,
Sorry if I was not more clear. I'm just hoping to make it across the border to Cambodia and ride there. I've yet to find info on riding a bike registered in Vietnam through Cambodia and I'm looking for border crossing info as well. With any luck I'll make it across the borde into Cambodia and be able to sell my bike there before flying to Indonesia, my next stop after Cambodia. I'm following the weather!

Thanks!
Eddie
Gday & welcome Eddie
For border crossng info,the best place to start is here
https://www.gt-rider.com/touring-information-overview/s-e-asian-border-crossings