No longer riding to Thailand from UK this year as broke my leg Monday 😁

Discussion in 'Northern Thailand - General Discussion Forum' started by blackb15, Jun 21, 2015.

1. blackb15

blackb15 Ol'Timer

I had everything planned I had payed up the money for the trip,sorted out my bike I was due to leave England 3rd August go via Turkey Russia enter China 8th September Thailand first week of October got some visas .
    Monday night I was doing volunteer duties of blood bike I got to hospital to pick up blood and tripped over damaged paving slabs broke neck of Femur in 2 separate places just got out of hospital but 6 weeks no weight bearing. I can't drive let alone ride so had to cancel the trip as doctors certain it's not possible for me to ride in the time frame ,I'm really frustrated.
    If my leg heals ok I hope to ship my bike over to Thailand in October and tour Asia ,if not just fly out when it does heal got to give myself something to look for forward to
    The best laid plans of men and ...
    Thought I would let users now
    Thanks
    Safe riding
    Paul

2. Loading...

3. Ian Bungy

Ian Bungy Ol'Timer

Wow now that's really Bad Luck. Sorry for You. Just re-plan for another Chance in the Future? Good Luck!

4. blackb15

blackb15 Ol'Timer

Ian
    Thanks I hope to be over October of November depending on my leg , re riding over I'm really not sure as it's hard to. Sort everything out again but I would like to try next year again
    Safe riding
    Paul

5. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Arh Paul, bloody hell.
    Bad luck if it ever was, but at least it happened at home.

Get well soon & get sorted for the next adventure ride, where it maybe.

I look forward to seeing you in Chiang Mai again.

Take care mate.

6. blackb15

blackb15 Ol'Timer

David
    Thanks if it heals ok hope to be over in October for a few months probably hire and explore
    Cheers
    Safe riding
    Paul