Northern Thailand - 27th of December 2014 - January 14th, 2015

Apr 20, 2008
Hi Rudi

Time flies and you be riding north soon after X'mas. Everywhere in north be it Chiangrai or ChiangMai will be good to spend your new year.
Have an enjoyable trip and a good new year. Hopefully we will meet somewhere sometime on the road of perhaps in Deutschland.

If you are anywhere down south just pm me or e-mail in case I am around.

Regards.

Lip Meng.

May 25, 2013
Hi Lipmeng, hope everything is fine on your side of the world.

Yes, time flies by and all of us are keen to start the trip. :smile1:

After our motorcycle trip we will stay a few days in Khanom, from Janury 12th - Jan. 15th, 2015. Thats the farest point South during our trip. Not sure how far away is it from your home.

Apr 20, 2008
Hi Rudi

Khanom is northernmost district (Amphoe) of Nakhon Si Thammarat which is mainland and quite near the port to Koh Samui. The distance is not far from my home approx 650km and maybe I ride there if I can be available that period.

Have a pleasant ride and look forward to see some pics of you guys riding up north.

Sep 4, 2007
Hi Rudi,
Re- New Years Eve. Probably a time when local guys spend the eve with family or close mates. No especial hangout for bikers, maybe some around the Kafe. Many many firework displays going off from late evening thro midnight. If you find somewhere high up, such as rooftop area, it is very spectacular. The whole moat area and areas close to the river are very crowded and best to move around on foot.

May 25, 2013
John, thanks. I am sure we will find a nice place where we will spend New Years Eve.

Lipmeng: If you have time, just drop me a message :) Since we have a Bungalow in Khanom, we will find a place for you to sleep during your eventually stay :)

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Traffic in all the towns will be pretty much grid locked over new year.

For me the Kafe on the corner with Moon Muang Soi 5 would be the place I'd hang out at for New Year if I was in town.
However I expect to be way in Lao all being well.
Take cafe & enjoy. I'm sure that being here for the first time, wherever you are it will be a good experience for you.

May 25, 2013
Thanks David. We will keep that in mind. On New Years Eve we will not touch our bikes anyway :) and New Year it depends on our own condition if we will do a ride or not.

Thanks again to all of you for your assistance during the time. Now we have just two weeks left

and

we are keen to do the trip.

Will be a new experience for us.

For sure we will keep you posted with pictures and stories during our trip