on the way home

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
I'd say your going to get a lot KM's out of that front tire dirthonk! Because you cant wear a tire out, if its never on the road. :)

I just gotta get one of those cameras. :idea:

Moto-Rex

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Nicely done, what bike are you on. Tried to do this with my XR, but couldn't keep the wheel up long enough. Cool

Jun 21, 2006
rexy, i had been ooohing and aaahing about buying one for 6 months now or so. finally took the plunge and am now kicking myself for not buying one earlier. it is an excellent camera and awesome fun, adds a whole other perpsective when riding along!

saxonator, its a suzuki DRZ400SM.

p.s if thats a xr250, it is exceptionally hard to do! ive only ever seen 3 people wheelie and xr for any length of time and they are " trail boss" mark rossi, the "clueless" snail, and a little thai rugrat called auy.

cheers.

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
Hey by the way, if you don't mind could you tell me a little about the DRZ 400 SM?
I've been on an XR for so long and I would like a similar bike. Low maintenance, cheap parts, not to heavy for offroad, but strong enough for trips to Laos, Malaysia etc.
Do you think the Suzuki would be a good choice?

Thanks

Jun 21, 2006
saxonator, for most of the offroad riding you do, im not sure. i predominantly ride mine on the road. Having said that, on the odd occasion when i do do a dirt link up the bike handles it fine, its a nice mellow power for the dirt and it doesnt feel that heavy, having said that i havent dropped it yet! wont be long though!

maintenance so i am told, is pretty easy, i change the oil every 1500kms but that is probably overkill, ive heard 6000kms is a more realisitic figure.
i think parts are actually quite expensive and would probably have to be sourced from singapore if its a major part.

i know pee on the board rides his more offroad than i do, maybe a little pm to him may get more comprehensive answers...

cheers