Passport or Thai ID card needed for Service at Kawasaki Rama 9

Mar 30, 2010
Last Friday before work I rocked up at Rama 9.
The KLX needs another service after that epic Chiang Mai to Bangkok - The long dirty way down, ride.

Pull in and the guard said they are closed for Chinese New Year..
Not wanting to mess around.. I park the bike at the service centre, pass the keys to the guard and take off by motorbike taxi to the office.

Today I call up to make sure they know what I need doing…

"Sorry Mr Brian.. We need a copy of your passport.. Thai must show ID card too".
Luckily I had my passport in the office and took a photo of the ID page and emailed it over.

This is a new rule as of Jan 1st from Kawasaki.

Next time I will try and show my licence and see if that will do.. It does at the airport.. so SHOULD suffice for a bike service.

Cheers
Brian.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
brian_bkk;296484 wrote: Last Friday before work I rocked up at Rama 9.
The KLX needs another service after that epic Chiang Mai to Bangkok - The long dirty way down, ride.

Pull in and the guard said they are closed for Chinese New Year..
Not wanting to mess around.. I park the bike at the service centre, pass the keys to the guard and take off by motorbike taxi to the office.

Today I call up to make sure they know what I need doing…

"Sorry Mr Brian.. We need a copy of your passport.. Thai must show ID card too".
Luckily I had my passport in the office and took a photo of the ID page and emailed it over.

Next time I will try and show my licence and see if that will do.. It does at the airport.. so SHOULD suffice for a bike service.

Cheers
Brian.
New laws for tax - every receipt needs some ID or company rego. The government needs your money.

Dec 27, 2007
brian_bkk;296484 wrote:

Your Thai DL has your passport number on it and is legal ID in the Kingdom. Should certainly work for Kawasaki!

Mar 30, 2010
monsterman;296512 wrote: Sounds ridiculous and will check this out around pattaya and ask a few Thais
It is true at Rama 9.. Not sure how hard the dealers will enforce this :->
I know them well at Rama 9. They apologised..
Couldn't touch my bike until I sent in a copy of my passport

Cheers
Brian

&

บักเจิด

I just serviced my bike at Real Motor a few weeks ago, they did not ask me for ID.