Pinatubo Enduro Tour

Discussion in 'Philippines Road Trip Reports' started by helbob, Dec 27, 2009.

1. helbob

helbob Ol'Timer

Pinatubo Enduro Tour

This year i been in the phillipines for some weeks with a friend (he make this post) and we make some good tours. One of them is the pinatubo-tour. First they told us we MUST ride with a guide, but after no problem.
    Fees for one person:
    Receipt

Everything about 350 Peso/person
    Prices ofPinatubo Spa Town

On the army check-point: Take care, good luck :).

Kilometers:
    • km 0 Start in Angeles City, Hotel Hana[/*:m:3jyecpuu]
    • km 22,6 Turn left in Tarlac[/*:m:3jyecpuu]
    • km 41,6 Armycheckpoint
      [​IMG][/*:m:3jyecpuu]
    • km 44,8 Pay entry where the 4x4. After the checkpoint an then 30 km offroad [/*:m:3jyecpuu]
    • Ca. km 57 Turn right to the skyway. Left is the old way.
      [​IMG]
      Rivercrossing
    • km 57,7 Now up the canyon. After some kilometers a summit.
      [​IMG]
      Cloudy.
      [​IMG]
      [/*:m:3jyecpuu]
    • km 67,7 Parking Pinatubo at 10.52 Uhr.
    • 11.35 Uhr Wow, the big vulcan lake, very nice
    • 12.20 Go back[/*:m:3jyecpuu]
    • 13.03 Parking..[/*:m:3jyecpuu]
    • km 78,8 Fork Skyway.
      [​IMG]
      Quicksand
      [​IMG]
      a horse has no problem with quicksand
    • km 92,1 Armycheckpoint[/*:m:3jyecpuu]
    • km 92,7 Entrancestop[/*:m:3jyecpuu]
    • km 114,7 um 14.41 Uhr Highway to Ae[/*:m:3jyecpuu]
    Attention: The owner of nice bike told us that sometimes bikes modified from the 4x4 drivers and then the 4x4 driver want 10.000 peso rescue.

2. Loading...

3. belgarathc

belgarathc Ol'Timer

Hi Helbob,

I am visiting Philippines soon and would like to add Pinatubo to my itinerary.

From your post, it seems that you managed to ride the bike up the trail instead of taking their 4WD? How did you manage to convince them?

May I know what you mean by "The owner of nice bike told us that sometimes bikes modified from the 4x4 drivers and then the 4x4 driver want 10.000 peso rescue." Is nice-bike trying to say they might sabotage your bike?

4. helbob

helbob Ol'Timer

May I know what you mean by "The owner of nice bike told us that sometimes bikes modified from the 4x4 drivers and then the 4x4 driver want 10.000 peso rescue." Is nice-bike trying to say they might sabotage your bike

Yes, this means it

From your post, it seems that you managed to ride the bike up the trail instead of taking their 4WD? How did you manage to convince them?

I been there 2 times. One time with tour (minibus and 4 WD) and one time everything with the motorbike

5. belgarathc

belgarathc Ol'Timer

I'm just back from Philippines. From what I heard, they no longer allow tourists to ride up Mt Pinatubo because of an accident 1-2 years back. Anyway, looking at the terrain during my visit on 4WD, it would be no easy feat. Kudos to you for riding all the way up.

6. helbob

helbob Ol'Timer

50/50
    on one day they say no, then they say only with guide, and when i come there on a sunday i not need a guide and it was very easy. Only the soldier ask "do you know the way?".
    Many things in phils change every, the price too :D