Pirelli track day Bira - sunday - june 21

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by deckx, Jun 17, 2009.

1. deckx

deckx Active Member

as subject says...must take it easy on the beer Sat night... :roll:

2. Loading...

3. Moto-Rex

Moto-Rex Ol'Timer

Hey deckx. 3 questions.

Is this a race day?
    If so what time does the racing start?
    And what classes will be racing?

Thanks Rex

4. Moto-Rex

Moto-Rex Ol'Timer

I ended up going out to Bira for a quick look.
    There seemed to be two classes. Race bikes, and guys with road bikes that wanted some were to go for a blast. :idea:

I took a few photo's, but there not that flash.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love this bat-van, I'm sure Adam West (the only true batman) would be very impressed.

[​IMG]

5. deckx

deckx Active Member

I hadn't been to Pirelli track day for a while but since last one, standard seems to have well outpaced my progress.... middle group is fast and some pretty rapid riders in the slow group as well...

I ended up an impressive last in the middle group race... my tyres went off etc etc :roll: :lol: good day though...

6. feejer

feejer Ol'Timer

I'd like to do a track day @ Bira the next time I'm out that way. What's the schedule for public access (weekends only etc)? Do you have to get on the roster ahead of time or just show up?

7. deckx

deckx Active Member

just check the Bira website calender, if the track is free usually a few other bikes show up. 1000 baht 9.00-12.00 on a sat or sunday.

Could also check out highsidetours.com, noramaly held on weekdays

8. feejer

feejer Ol'Timer

Thanks. Looks like a great way to spend the afternoon as long as things stay dry.