Pirelli tyres for FZ1

Jul 13, 2012
Hi All,

I'm looking for any feedback on the Pirelli Diablo Rosso tyres now selling at Yamaha, Chiangmai for my FZ1. Has anyone got a set yet and what's your thoughts on the performance ? Considering 55's as many people say they give better handling on the curves.

Cheers

Steve ;-)

KenYam

Nov 2, 2007
I had Dunlop compound 2 type tyre, I replaced them with Pirelli Angel last year, in my opinion preferred the Pirelli Angel tyre by far.
My Fazer is older model, hope this helps.

Oct 17, 2006
I have had 2 sets of Diablo rosso corse 111 on my Ducati excellent grip , long life too a very good tyre although I may try the new Dunlop Sportsmarts next time

Mar 1, 2012
I can second monstermans Diablo rosso corsa's recommendation as they come stock on my streetfighter and I think they are great. Will stick with them when its time to re-shoe the steed.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Stevie, if you want to get mileage out of your tyres, stick to Ken's recommendation and use the Angel ST's, I use them on my FJR and they are by far the best mileage-traction-wet-price set I had ever had. If you don't care that much for lifetime, get the Diablo Rosso 2, I use them on my supermotard wheels on the DR650 stick like hell but wear a little faster, before used them on the FJR. If you want to go racing onto Bira then stick to Jerry's recommendeation the SuperCorsa but they will wear quite soon on your Fazer. Cheers, Franz

Jul 13, 2012
Thanks to everyone for your opinions :)....Sounds like the Angels might be good choice for the Winter tours.. Cheers

Oct 16, 2011
Stevie_B;281444 wrote: Thanks to everyone for your opinions :)....Sounds like the Angels might be good choice for the Winter tours.. Cheers
Stevie, I ran Angels on my FZ1 and got an astonishing 18,000 kms out of the rear... no complaints.
Put a new one on straight away however changed the front for Pirelli super Corsa from Khun Nat.. wow what a differnce in handling and road feel including turn in on cornering... maybe a mix might work for you.

Jul 13, 2012
Wow, that's a really interesting combo there Monty. I would never had thought about that but I'm sure the weird setting do work. Just curious though how many km you can get out of a front Corsa ?

Anyway, finally went for the Diablo Rosso II as my hooligan side took over at the last minute..couldn't resist :happy5:

Mar 4, 2011
Hi Steve
Sorry did not see your post earlier.
All good suggestions from every one but I am going to throw another one in that no one has said and that is a MICHELIN PILOT ROAD 3.
I have just gone through my first set of these and wow its a great Tyre front and back I would be more than happy to tell you this is a great Tyre in the wet or dry and hangs on like chewy to a blanket.
It performs well in all conditions and I have just ordered a new set again yesterday.
They are a sports tourer like the Angels but I believe they have set a new benchmark for a sports touring Tyres.
Do your self a favor and have a look at these on the net before you buy.
Happy Biking.

Jan 21, 2011
David Race;281895 wrote: Hi Steve
All good suggestions from every one but I am going to throw another one in that no one has said and that is a MICHELIN PILOT ROAD 3.
I have just gone through my first set of these and wow its a great Tyre front and back I would be more than happy to tell you this is a great Tyre in the wet or dry and hangs on like chewy to a blanket.
It performs well in all conditions and I have just ordered a new set again yesterday.
They are a sports tourer like the Angels but I believe they have set a new benchmark for a sports touring Tyres.
Happy Biking.

I agree with David. I have aslo the Michelin Pilot Road 3. The best tire I ever had.

feejer

Feb 16, 2007
David Race;281895 wrote: Hi Steve
Happy Biking.
I've been happily running the Angel's on both the FJR and FZ1 for the past few years. But about to give the PR3's a try on the FJR next time. When first introduced, there was some chatter that guys did not like them as well as the PR2's but that seems to have changed of late. Plenty of good being said about them now. Not sure if Michelin made a post release compound or other change, but I'm game to try a set now even though a bit more expensive than the Angel's.

Jul 13, 2012
Thanks David,

after checking the website you might well be right.. a few points I picked up were..instant stick, great in the wet, good in turns. Look really sweet! Lets see if Chiangmai can check some

feejer;281898 wrote: I've been happily running the Angel's on both the FJR and FZ1 for the past few years. But about to give the PR3's a try on the FJR next time. When first introduced, there was some chatter that guys did not like them as well as the PR2's but that seems to have changed of late. Plenty of good being said about them now. Not sure if Michelin made a post release compound or other change, but I'm game to try a set now even though a bit more expensive than the Angel's.