Post A Bike

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Just when I thought I’d seen everything in Thailand. Popped down to my local post office to check on my mail box & loh & behold there was a motorcycle on the mail room floor, all stamped up ready to be posted off somewhere.

65072215-S.jpg

65072214-S.jpg

65072213-S.jpg

So next time you want to go somewhere on a long trip, but don’t have enough time, post your bike off in advance under the new “Logis Post” system & pick it up later on from wherever you want to start your trip?
This country is unbelievable & I love it.

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Jan 7, 2004
and what would be the chances that this would reach the final destination without being stolen by the postman?
Though being Thailand i bet this gets through where my simple letters cannot!

Nov 1, 2004
Yep Dave, this is how I sent my Honda XL600 up to Chiang Mai before xmas, it cost 1600 baht, the post people here were very surprised to see such a big bike, the only other business that moves bikes wanted 4000 baht as they weighed the bike first. The post just seems to have a basis m/c price depending on distance.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by ozzyboy

Yep Dave, this is how I sent my Honda XL600 up to Chiang Mai before xmas, it cost 1600 baht, the post people here were very surprised to see such a big bike, the only other business that moves bikes wanted 4000 baht as they weighed the bike first. The post just seems to have a basis m/c price depending on distance.

Bloody hell I did not know about that one. Sort gives a new meaning to the term "postie bike" doesn't it?

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Jul 14, 2004
where did you post from ozzyboy Bangkok?. did you have no problems, what about insurance?. sorts a problem im having planning my next trip
thanks in advance
Nick

Dec 17, 2006
been u can put it on the train?my worry,s are where it,d be kept for picking up.post office sounds simple though!