Post A Bike

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by DavidFL, Apr 19, 2006.

1. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Just when I thought I’d seen everything in Thailand. Popped down to my local post office to check on my mail box & loh & behold there was a motorcycle on the mail room floor, all stamped up ready to be posted off somewhere.

So next time you want to go somewhere on a long trip, but don’t have enough time, post your bike off in advance under the new “Logis Post” system & pick it up later on from wherever you want to start your trip?
    This country is unbelievable & I love it.

Keep The Power On
  2. Loading...

3. Shawn in Oz

Shawn in Oz Member

and what would be the chances that this would reach the final destination without being stolen by the postman?
    Though being Thailand i bet this gets through where my simple letters cannot!
  4. ozzyboy

ozzyboy Active Member

Yep Dave, this is how I sent my Honda XL600 up to Chiang Mai before xmas, it cost 1600 baht, the post people here were very surprised to see such a big bike, the only other business that moves bikes wanted 4000 baht as they weighed the bike first. The post just seems to have a basis m/c price depending on distance.
  5. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

Bloody hell I did not know about that one. Sort gives a new meaning to the term "postie bike" doesn't it?

Keep The Power On
  6. nickpedleynz

nickpedleynz Active Member

where did you post from ozzyboy Bangkok?. did you have no problems, what about insurance?. sorts a problem im having planning my next trip
    thanks in advance
  7. howwwyyy

howwwyyy Member

been u can put it on the train?my worry,s are where it,d be kept for picking office sounds simple though!