Powder coating service available on Phuket

Aug 29, 2011
Got pointed in the direction of this powder coating / epoxy coating business by my mechanic on Phuket. My mechanic has been using these guys for about a year now. Quality powder coating was never available on Phuket, we we're always told to post items to Chaing Mai.

My crap rear rack that I bought from Kawasaki for my D-Tracker, which was very badly made/finished from Chiang Mai. This product looked pretty shody when I bought it but I needed a rack quicksmart & had to have it, 6 months later & it was rusted to hell with 50% of the paint missing.

So 600thb later with a double sand blasting due to excessive rust & a thick glossy black powder coating, it's looking brand new!

They have a large selection of colours in matt or gloss. Please remember powder coating bike bits is not their primary business, it's marine refrigeration units for land & yachts!! Stefan the owner speaks English but the Thai staff don't (he is not in the office much).....get someone Thai to call or go in person with your part to be coated. They will usually take 48hrs max to get done.
http://www.scsproduct.com/index.htm they are at the back of the mobil gas station on the main road to Phuket airport (2/1 Moo 2, Tambon Koh Keaw, Amphur Muang, Phuket 83200), past BigC & tesco lotus going north then turn right at main T-junction & mobil is 150mts on the left.
Hope this comes in handy for someone!! :thumbup:

275665=8191-powder%20coating%20(Medium).jpg

Jul 18, 2009
That price seems fair . I have a friend in CM who had a similar rack powder coated and at first they tried to charge him 17000 baht .
That was more than double what the rack cost to have made in the first place. Pays to get the price in advance

roderz

Mar 23, 2014
Joel: You are the man! This is really helpful.

I bought a new KLX stand to make my Dtracker stand more upright but it was too long so after having it cut down and re-welded (at a place recommended by the Kawa dealer and just a couple of blocks away) it now just needs a powder coating then it should be good to go.

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
roderz;299513 wrote: Joel: You are the man! This is really helpful.

I bought a new KLX stand to make my Dtracker stand more upright but it was too long so after having it cut down and re-welded (at a place recommended by the Kawa dealer and just a couple of blocks away) it now just needs a powder coating then it should be good to go.
I once asked a bike shop to clean my bike as if i wanted to sell it. One of the things that was looking a bit tired was the side stand. They simply sprayed it black. It is still black. Sometimes one can over think a problem