PTT to stop national sales and distribution of 95 March 27th

Oct 17, 2006
A lot of farm machinery needs non gasohol 91 to run and i have heard that a lot of ordinary farmers have had problems with gasohol damaging pumps and other machines around Thailand ...they are a sizable pressure group.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
The forces of gasohol:

From the Nation 31 March
Thaksin returns to greet two businessmen
Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra returned to Thailand yesterday partly to welcome two foreign businessmen who may invest in the country, Thaksin's personal spokesman Pongthep Thepkan-chana said.

One businessman specializes in bio-diesel and ethanol, while the other has assets that rank in the world's top 10. "The invitation to the businessmen is not connected with the government or politics at all. He [Thaksin] invited them as a Thai who wants to help develop the country,'' Pongthep said.

It seems to me as if they’re quite a few big guys lining up to cream it off with gasohol. I saw a report on CP a few days ago about their plans for massive corn fields in neighbouring countries & all for ethanol. The Beer Chang group is the same with massive land holdings & all planned for growing crops for ethanol. With so much money to be made, gasohol is undoubtedly here to stay, but will they relent & keep some 95 ?

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Surely these Ethanocrats need to run their limos on 95?
Or, is it that they can afford to change their cars every year for it to not make a difference for these silk-shirted shysters.

Dontcha just love the complete and utter shamelessness of their greed?
If only this was just a Banana Republic!