Question: Hire or Buy crossing 5 borders SE-Asia

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by Wiljen, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Wiljen

Wiljen New Member

Hi there, i'm quite new to the forum did already a couple of searches but couldn't find the right answers to my questions.
    In November 2015 I'm leaving the Netherlands for a SE-Asia adventure. I want to visit the following countries: Malaysia, Thailand, (Myanmar), Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and in the end cross the border to China. First of all my plan was to buy a motorcycle in Malaysia and cross the borders with it..and there you go Myanmar and Vietnam aren't possible with a 150cc motorcycle unless you do it illegal. I already knew that China is way too expensive to go there with your own motorcycle.

So here's my question if I want to travel through the following countries with a motorcycle, what do you suggest me to do.

Should I hire a Motorcycle at POP rider chiangmai and am I able to cross the borders with these bikes?
    Should I buy a motorcycle and sell it while leaving the country.. i reckon it's a big hassle all the time.
    Or should I hire a bike in every single country I visit?

Thanks in advance!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motorcycling-through-SE-Asia-with-Wiljen/1436319506656128?fref=ts

2. Loading...