R1095: Mae Malai - Pai- Mae Hong Son

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Just arrived in MHS & I have to say that R1095 is probably in the best condition I have ever seen it in 20+ years. Never before has all of it been so good!
New asphalt & painted lines on the road for 40 odd kms coming out of Mae Malai. Even the bad bumpy stuff before Mae Sae & Pai has been fixed. New asphalt on the shoulders, plus just about all of the older asphalt has been "top dressed" with asphalt.
So if you're looking for a quick ride, then go to MHS on 1095 now!!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
R108 from Mae Hong Son south to Mae Sarieng & into Kong Loi is also in good condition at the moment.

257732971_kjQsW-M.jpg

Spotted on R108 last week, Mark Rossi & his Transmotsports team riders, on a super motard training ride before the Pattaya 6 Hr Enduro.
The guy in the middle is Chris, current Aussie 250 Enduro Champ.

257734252_updKa-M.jpg

In Khun Yuam at Ban Farang, before it all went pear shaped. I headed off to Mae Sarieng & the real riders cut over to Mae Chaem - Doi Inthanon - Chiang Mai. All 3 arrived back in Cnx with food poisoning - vomiting & the liquid squirts. Funny how it goes eh, we all ate at the same places - breakfast & lunch, but one of us - the old GT Rider - survived perfectly.

Nov 22, 2004
This is good to hear guys...we're planning a 4/5 day trip at the end of April and one of the favoured routes this time is Tak/Mae Sot/Mae Sariang/MHS/CM ...looks as though it just might have gone to th top of the list.

Cheers
Andy

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
andy1100xx wrote: This is good to hear guys...we're planning a 4/5 day trip at the end of April and one of the favoured routes this time is Tak/Mae Sot/Mae Sariang/MHS/CM ...looks as though it just might have gone to th top of the list.

Cheers
Andy
Andy
If you end up doing the MHS Loop please keep in touch, so we can get together for a few drinks & meal at the end of your trip. Maybe some GT Riders will even ride out & meet you in Pai for the "run home" to Cnx.