Ranong Advise

Discussion in 'South Thailand Road Trip Reports' started by tehsk30, Sep 16, 2013.

1. tehsk30

tehsk30 Ol'Timer

My fellow GT Riders,
    Appreciate for info on must see/must eat/must ride n happenings in Ranong. Will be visiting Ranong very soon and who better to ask but from Riders themselves.
    Thanks and LIVE LIFE RIDE FREE :)

2. Loading...

3. fir_chan

fir_chan Member

The last time i was there i went for their hotsprings.

I stayed at the Tinidee Hotel and they hotel has free charter to take us to the springs without having to ride out.

Ranong is pretty much a sleepy town.

4. tehsk30

tehsk30 Ol'Timer

hi there fellow riders, just came back from a marvelous trip to Ranong. Went there 3 days 2 night but tis round went by Pajero Road Trip cos one of our friend does not have a bike.
    The resort : Pathu resort was awesome and just RM80.00 only. Food was nice n cheap.
    Went across Myammar just to have a look see look see and stamp our passport.
    One way back we use the coastal road towards Khao Lak, The river by the side of the road was too tempting for a dip.
    We just had to stop and jump in with the local boys. Wat a cooling trip.
    Will post some photos.

5. DavidFL

DavidFL Administrator Staff Member

that all sounds good & a trip with a difference - on 4 wheels.
    I look forward to your usual stunning photos...bring it on.

6. tehsk30

tehsk30 Ol'Timer

will repost again

7. tehsk30

tehsk30 Ol'Timer

will repost again

8. tehsk30

tehsk30 Ol'Timer

will repost again

9. tehsk30

tehsk30 Ol'Timer

will repost again

10. tehsk30

tehsk30 Ol'Timer

sorry about all the repost...sent wrong links...but here goes my Ranong Road Trip

RANONG ROAD TRIP. DAY 1 OF THE ADVENTURE OF THE UNEXPECTED

We drove thru the barricades of fallen trees n burnt rubber n burnt trucks.tat was nothing compared to head on with protesters in ski mask n wielding parangs n machetes. One passemger started praying, the other started worrying whether his car would be brunt as well n WHAt THE DRIVER wanted?????.....TAKE MORE PHOTOS. .....Quick!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. tehsk30

tehsk30 Ol'Timer

RANONG ROADTRIP. DAY 1 ARRIVAL TO OUR HIDEOUT

Pleasant surprise when we reach our hideout. Back to nature ambience. Very cosy indeed. unbelievable for only rm79 per nite? the staff very equally awesome. will I come again? YES....I ll bring my wife too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. tehsk30

tehsk30 Ol'Timer

RANONG ROADTRIP DAY 2 - BOAT TRIP WITH BEAUTIES TO MYANMAR

Phee Weet...what a pleasant surprise to see beauties in our long tail boats. I repeat LONG TAIL Boats :). Even my friends can communicate with them even they don't speak English of BM. Chicken and Duck Talk...simply amazing :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj597/tehsk30/Facebook/RANONG%20ROADTRIP%20DAY%202%20%20BOAT%20TRIP%20WITH%20BEAUTIES%20TO/541844_10201428970739940_1973992752_n.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[​IMG]

13. tehsk30

tehsk30 Ol'Timer

RANONG ROADTRIP - DAY 2 : STEPPING INTO MYANMAR
    I m in Myanmar!!!. Golden Land of Pagodas. Savouring Burmese food and of course with Myanmar Beer too. Opportunity to pluck the Banyan Tree leaves n seed ...of course with the permission of the guide. The lands where the ladies have thanaka paste on their cheeks and the men chews betel nuts. What more to describe Myanmar...GO SEE FOR YOURSELF.....:) :) :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. tehsk30

tehsk30 Ol'Timer

RANONG ROADTRIP. DAY 2 FISHY BUSINESS

Just had to check out the fishing port of Ranong. Fishes everywhere. They were also selling fast. big small flat long.....is all there...by past noon the market already closed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. tehsk30

tehsk30 Ol'Timer

RANONG ROADTRIP - DAY 3 - DONGKONG PARADISE

Just look at the heaps of DongKong n Langsat. Just a very BIG WOW. Just gotta stop n buy my wife's favourite. What more in store for us ??? One kilo RM1 and RM2......:) :) :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. tehsk30

tehsk30 Ol'Timer

RANONG ROADTRIP : DAY 3 WHAT A COOLING DAY!!!

Tis is what I called a road trip. Could not resist the temptations of the cool n clear river passing beside us on the way back from Ranong to Khao Lak (via coastal road). WHAT TO DO??? JUMP IN THE RIVER WITH THE LOCAL BOYS N HAVE A GOOD TIME. Of course with awesome crazy friends

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]