REAL Helmets

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Some may have seen the Real M/C Helmets @ the BKK Motor Show.

They now have started appearing in Shops here in CNX.

I had to pick one up for SWMBO a the last moment, and popped into the helmet shop on the Chang Moi road expecting to have to get an INDEX.

They now stock Real Helmets and I was really surprised by their quality [DOT & QC Stickers FWTW] - a real improvement on INDEX.
Their tasty Matt Black "Stealth" with tinted visor set me back 1900THB, which included a box & helmet cover.

On the Real-Helmet website they quote 2100THB
http://www.real-helmets.com/product/pro ... 40&lang=th

In the English version they are quoting $360!!!
http://www.real-helmets.com/product/pro ... 40&lang=en
Note that when you click on the helmet for details the price drops to $62 - so it is a translational glitch.

The fit, finishing, materials and overall general construction appears to be close to that of Japanese helmets.

Check them out if you are looking for an inexpensive back up helmet.

jimoi

Nov 17, 2004
I have a dirt helmet from them and am happy to some extent with it. What I don't like is that the black scratch resistant surface is a bitch to clean. I neglected to clean the mud off my helmet for two days and the thing won't come clean. Not that it's so bad since I like mud but makes me wonder about the overall construction.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
beddhist, I got one from FAST CORNER shop in Chiang Mai in Panthip Plaza on the southern end of the nightbazar. It's an AIROH Mathisse RS with integrated sunvisor. I've done also a posting on AIROH helmets. There's also a shop of FAST CORNER in Bangkok, just scroll though some postings and you'll find what you're looking for. Good luck, FR

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
beddhist
Franz is right they are great helmets and FastCorner, esp their BKK branch, are great people to do biz with.
The helmet Franz is talking about is around 15000THB they also have a similar one called something like Vairoh again around the same price.
You probably don't need to be reminded that a flip-up is essentially an open face helmet - at least in the UK they are classified as such.
RobertH had one and nearly came a cropper due to its lack of protection.