Ride Report - just outside Sydney

Discussion in 'Global Trip Reports' started by daewoo, May 4, 2008.

1. I live about as far south as you can go, and still be in the Sydney Street Directory... my mate lives about 45mins (at 120km/h) south west of me...

He had asked me to go over and help him put the engine back in his Datsun 240z Rally Car... I just thought I would take some pics on the way back to show some of the guys on here...

It is getting towards winter here, so it is down to between 7 and 12 degrees overnight, and low twenties during the day... so a little bit cool on the bike, but not too bad...

This is a couple of pics on the road near my mates house (Broughton Pass between Appin and Wilton)

[​IMG]
    view over Gunamatta Bay, near my home

This is Broughton Pass Bridge, near my mates place, there is a road through here which connects the coastal highway with the inland highway it doesn't carry much traffic, but a few bikes use it on the weekend

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Broughton Pass, near my mates home

Not a km up onto the plains the view is very different.

[​IMG]
    Wilton Road near Appin

On the way home I thought I would drop down into the Royal National Park near my home where there is always a heap of bikes (hundreds) on weekend mornings, but by now most were gone so I didn't stop... a bit further up the road I stopped to get some road photos.

[​IMG]
    Royal National Park, Otford.

A couple of guys were waiting for a bike carrier to come and pick up this bike that a guy who they had never met had dropped on a test drive from the dealer... could be a bit expensive for someone... he had left in an ambulance, even though he was only apparently doing 5km/h when he laid it down...

[​IMG]
    Pikey, notice what one of the guys was riding???

[​IMG]
    The damaged Duke

By then it was getting late so I had to push on, but I will try and get down there one morning to photograph the bikes gathering...

Cheers,
    Daewoo

2. Well, I had a couple of hours to spare this morning, so I went for a roll through the Royal National Park, which is 2 minutes from my house...

A lot of riders ride through here ever weekend, and on a sunny summers weekend morning, the car park at Bald Hill will be full of hundreds of bikes...

This morning it was 9 degrees, so not many bikes, but still a new bike or two arrived and left every minute or so... so lots to look at...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I stopped off in the park on the way home to get a couple more shots of the bike...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the way, I had a puncture through the week, and had to get a new tube fitted... took the guy an hour, almost dropped my bike off the lift, and cost me 1500 baht...

Cheers,
    Daewoo

3. Charlie Boorman (of LWR/LWD/Race to Dakar) has just finished another doco, called By Any Means, and the final leg was a ride form Wollongong into Sydney... about 500 bikes turned up for the 3 hour convoy...

here are my photos from the start at Wollongong...

Cheers,
    Daewoo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Hi Daewoo,

Yep, noticed that Bonnie in the pic earlier in this post. Looks like you have some pretty nice riding areas over there mate. Finally finished tweaking my Bonnie and it looks/goes a bit different from standard now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had custom bars, pipes and a seat made here locally, chucked in a K&N filter with suitable jets and changed the rear light & indicators and now i love it!

BTW, we were on a ride last year and came across a crashed Multistrada too - those flighty Dukes don't seem to like the company of Triumphs too much ;)

Cheers,

Pikey